What's new

Trials (Or Not Trials) Dumping Ground

Just trying to figure a website out for Trials in Canada as well - there are so many different ways to communicate with groups of people now so it is really tough knowing what will work best. Also interesting how many people think it is a great idea but how few would be willing to contribute content or sponsor :dunno....

Just trying to figure a website out for Trials in Canada as well - there are so many different ways to communicate with groups of people now so it is really tough knowing what will work best. Also interesting how many people think it is a great idea but how few would be willing to contribute content or sponsor :dunno....

If anyone wants a regional specific trials sub forum here. I am sure we could accommodate. Since most trials topics are not regional, an individual thread might be all that is needed.

Do any of you ride trials bikes, but don’t ride trials events, or is it just me and my friends?
We typically get together once a week and flog ourselves for a couple hours or more, but don’t have set sections or keep any type of score. Our rides generally turn into a bad ass game of follow the leader.
I tried events, even joined a club, but it just wasn’t for me.

Do any of you ride trials bikes, but don’t ride trials events, or is it just me and my friends?
We typically get together once a week and flog ourselves for a couple hours or more, but don’t have set sections or keep any type of score. Our rides generally turn into a bad ass game of follow the leader.

I know a good number of people who do not compete or compete a couple times a year. For me, competition is an excuse to travel and ride new places. Competition keeps me in touch with what things I need to work on.

Quite a few of the guys at my club ride every Sunday and don't compete. We don't do so much follow the leader as the skill gap can be quite large, and the guys are getting older. Of 10-12 trials riders in our club, 4 are competing, and the rest do the Sunday rides. During the Covid summer when there was no competition at all at least one of our competitive riders said he'd had more fun bombing around with us on Sunday that summer than he had chasing trophies for years... but he was a mentor to me last season and I think he's got the bug again.

There is something wrong with you and your friends...

:hide

Even when my friends and I went to events folks said that about us.
One of my riding buddies has some sort of attention disorder kind of thing.
A few years ago, we were at an event, and he stopped after the second of three loops while leading his class, just didn’t interest him any more.

I could see setting sections being fun.
I belong to an off road moto club that builds and maintains it’s own trail system, and I probably have almost as much fun looking for, laying out and building trail as I do riding it.
it doesn’t hurt that most of the looking and exploring is done on the trials bikes.

I could see setting sections being fun.
I belong to an off road moto club that builds and maintains it’s own trail system, and I probably have almost as much fun looking for, laying out and building trail as I do riding it.
it doesn’t hurt that most of the looking and exploring is done on the trials bikes.
I very much feel this way about trials locally. I have more fun setting up the trial, which often entails cleaning sticks, lopping branches or otherwise "cleaning" the sections and it is just great being outside with the guys. Plus I get to talk about how to set up sections, strategize a bit with the trials master about gates vs. non-gates and exclusions (A, B riders go here, C rider can't go there so has to go over there where this is no gate but they have no alternative - so saves a gate for another place in the section).

But I may do a little too much of that and slow them down! I've heard it said that a motivated pair of riders could set up a trial in two weekends. One weekend to outline the 16 sections in white tape (ugh, so much plastic waste, a topic for another day) and one weekend to set up all the gate markers. We usually take longer because we are socializing, cleaning, riding the lines etc. while we set it up.

I enjoy both the setting up for events (Trials and Enduro) as well as the competition.

It's just different type of enjoyment.
I really like building new stuff for people to ride, whether it is just placing a big log on a hillside or building something from spools, pallets and 2x4s.

Competition, I enjoy trying to ride my best and when that gets frustrating, I enjoy trying to be as silly as possible and still finish the section (oddly enough I usually ride better that way)

I started building sections about 13 years ago and just sort of learnt as I went along... but a new rider from the UK joined us last year, he was on Sammy Miller's team for a while did kickstart and UK champ stuff so he is really great at helping us raise our game as far as setting sections :-)

My least favorite day of the year is April 1st. I hate to be a curmudgeon but most of the jokes aren't funny and it ruins the Internet for a whole day, and sometimes more. The stupid jokes break the Internet because you cannot trust anything to be truthful, and I don't like it.

I'm gonna go ride my bike and play video games for the next 36 hours I think.

Sorry for not laughing at any jokes or fun posts. I'm not feeling it.

My least favorite day of the year is April 1st. I hate to be a curmudgeon but most of the jokes aren't funny and it ruins the Internet for a whole day, and sometimes more. The stupid jokes break the Internet because you cannot trust anything to be truthful, and I don't like it.

I'm gonna go ride my bike and play video games for the next 36 hours I think.

Sorry for not laughing at any jokes or fun posts. I'm not feeling it.
You must hate 12/28 too!?!Feast of the Holy Innocents. The Spanish version of April Fools Day. This is the one where the Spanish Moto Press always tells us Toni Bou is quitting trials to do….anything else!

Top Bottom Back Refresh