What's new

Triumph Pics Old and New

My Sprint in the evening light of New Jersey.
(Apologies for the sub stellar image quality.)
sprintRS-NewJerseyGasStop_3932-1024px.jpg

Last edited:
Now that we can travel again, I'm getting ready to head north to the Yukon and NWT.

PPR2.jpg
How do you like the low (Zard?) exhaust? Do you ever wish for more wind protection or this is fine?

How do you like the low (Zard?) exhaust? Do you ever wish for more wind protection or this is fine?

Love the exhaust. Saves 5kgs, lowers the C of G and sounds good. What's not to like?

I added a deflector to the Triumph screen and that provides all the wind protection I need.

I got to test ride a Scrambler at Americade a couple of weeks ago - it's a very fun bike! The 1200 engine has a nice character.

Excellent!
How is it with range? Maybe you weren't so far from a fill-up?

Excellent!
How is it with range? Maybe you weren't so far from a fill-up?

My bike showed 4.2 lt/100kms before the trip but I didn't think I had enough kms and reliable history to use that for planning. Based on the limited information on the internet fuel consumption could be as high as 5.0lt/100kms, so I played it safe an always carried extra fuel. But I never had to use it. On my travels I had to make compromises, such as a 160km detour off the Liard Highway to Ft. Simpson for fuel, but the nearest to running out was the 315kms between Fort Providence and Yellowknife that resulted in this ...

DSCN6513-a.jpg

Check out the range, bottom right. Close call.

You didn't push it to see how conservative the gauge is? :lol3
That's about 200 miles out of the tank? Not bad, though I'm sure those last miles were a bit anxious (I've been there ... most of us have, right?). How much spare gas do you carry when you do?
I know I've mentioned this somewhere in one forum or another (very well could be here), but I took a fun spin on a Scrambler at Americade in June. Such a fun bike!

Top Bottom Back Refresh