What's new

Why are you here?

Why did you come to this forum?

• I was banned from ADV Rider

Votes: 14 9.7%
  • The VS takeover will ruin ADV Rider so I switched

Votes: 40 27.8%
  • I'm still on ADV Rider and here as well.

Votes: 101 70.1%
  • What's ADV Rider? I just wandered in off the street

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 24 16.7%

• Total voters
Back in 2003 When I joined, Adv had a special atmosphere about it and the place was a lot friendlier than the bitch fest it has become.

The :asshat mods and the money grabbing on several fronts plus the sale was enough for me to ride into the sunset…..

Life is too short for BS…

I'm here, but I'm still over there too. Not as much though. I got banned from CSM, which seems a little ridiculous. Banned for snarky comments in a sub-forum of the "Jo Momma" sub-forum. CSM has become a place where Very Serious Men discuss Very Serious Topics. I was unwilling to adjust to the serious tone.

That's fucking hilarious. Banned from CSM? CSM is the shithole at the bottom of the other shithole, which is Jo Momma. I congratulate you on that endeavor.

BTW, now that AdvRider is a money making enterprise, do the mods get paid? If not, they are just suckers. If some corporation wants me to watch over their baby while it makes them money, they better be wetting my beak as well.

S.C.

Back in 2003 When I joined, Adv had a special atmosphere about it and the place was a lot friendlier than the bitch fest it has become.

The :asshat mods and the money grabbing on several fronts plus the sale was enough for me to ride into the sunset…..

Life is too short for BS…

Yeah, it was great back in the early years. I joined in 2004. Loved it for many years. But I noticed that in my particular case, not only did the site start going downhill, all the riders sort of started going their own way. Fewer rides, people not posting any more. I think a lot of guys just started doing their own private thing, rather than getting a group together for rides. I miss those days. Sure, there could be some shit shows on group rides, but overall, many excellent times were had.

S.C.

Ego.

Plus, without The Button, who isn't going to put their dumb asses on ignore?
How sad. Can you imagine the adim and moderators only area? The gossip and forming a coalition to oust someone that isn't kowtowing to them and how they believe the forum should be operated.

That's fucking hilarious. Banned from CSM? CSM is the shithole at the bottom of the other shithole, which is Jo Momma. I congratulate you on that endeavor.

S.C.
If I could sum it up in one sentence, I believe it all came down to "Making fun of kbasa." I'm unable to resist doing it.

:hmmmmm

I was under the impression that CSM is a safe space greenhouse where delicate flowers flourish under the constant care of sympathetic moderators.

Serious discussion of topics would actually be a refreshing change from the Mean Girls Club incessant whinging,whining and shit flinging.

Nobody comports themselves like that in real life ,do they?

The brigade will likely arrive here en masse and attempt to bend this site to their will.

Hopefully, the advbikes moderation team does not enable such efforts by awarding them the protected class status to which they've grown accustomed.

What I learned about CSM, is that it's full of pussies, just waiting to attack. My thread which I started in the Inmates section, was punted to CSM. All I was trying to do, was process the fucking rage and feelings I had after watching some druggie scumbags steal glass milk bottles, for the purpose of just dumping the milk, and turning in the bottles for the $2 deposit. I was fucking roasted for doing nothing more than sharing what I felt and how I processed the situation. I was seen by several as a Dirty Harry vigilante for simply pointing out that part of my thought process involved considering the use of my gun to stop these assholes. Apparently just telling these guys how my thought process works, even though it was ultimately a non-violent conclusion which I came up with, did not matter to those fucking flowers.

I wonder if the mod, Ian, is over here, looking at us. I wonder if any of the mods come here for a peek.

S.C.

I rarely had any issues with the Mods but then I was/am there mostly to talk about motorcycles and not politics. I still don't understand people who join a motorcycle forum and then don't actually participate in the motorcycle/riding related areas:scratch

Discussions in PL would sometimes get carried away and I had a few posts moved to HE and I had a thread or two moved to the basement but for the most part I rarely even see any moderation in the areas I spend most of my time.

I have been here for two months now. I still have not seen hardly any change in the "other" forum. It is still way more active than this one and I still see many of the people on this forum on the old one.

I rarely had any issues with the Mods but then I was/am there mostly to talk about motorcycles and not politics. I still don't understand people who join a motorcycle forum and then don't actually participate in the motorcycle/riding related areas:scratch

If you want to have some fun head over there and point out some of the members who have 90% or more of their posts in CSM. Hilarity will ensure.

If you want to have some fun head over there and point out some of the members who have 90% or more of their posts in CSM. Hilarity will ensure.
I mentioned something about that in one of the threads about selling the forum. Someone posted that the "heart of the Forum" or something like that was the basement. My reply was that while the basement was probably the most active part of the forum, someone with 80,000 posts with 75,000 of them in CSM was not really contirbuting much to the forum. I didn't name any names but the fact is that a large percentage of the inmates with really high post counts spend most of their time in CSM. It was easy to check in that forum unless someone hid their profile. Just go to someone's profile and look at Areas. I don't see that feature in this forum.

Top Bottom Back Refresh