What's new

Yamaha T7 Mega Thread

Tenere at Erzberg!

img_1_1686708679438.jpg
Exactly what shouldn’t be ridden at Erxberg.

Looks like I might be making peg lowering brackets too. The place I ordered from 3 weeks ago is saying 2-4 weeks still. I should be gone on my trip by then. Seems like nobody has the China cheapys in stock, all shipping from China at 2 plus weeks. I'm kinda picky, I'd buy the sheetmetal cheapys to replace with billet at some later point. But none of the other billet ones are exactly what I want.

I'll dig through the 17-4 remnants tomorrow and see what I can find.

BDKW1 is that the RAM Quick Grip? I broke two screen protectors and one USB cable with mine because it had a tendency to eject the phone. On harder drops I guess the force of the hit caused it to expand, and maybe the curved hooks push it outward when it started clamping again. And that's with it oriented in portrait!

BDKW1 is that the RAM Quick Grip? I broke two screen protectors and one USB cable with mine because it had a tendency to eject the phone. On harder drops I guess the force of the hit caused it to expand, and maybe the curved hooks push it outward when it started clamping again. And that's with it oriented in portrait!
It is. With the waterproof case I got for the phone it grips it pretty well. What case were you using? The phone by itself is to narrow on slippery.

Bought new chain and sprockets today. Went back up to 525 chain. I think I'm going the need the extra life out of it.

Stayed with the 16/45 gearing that was on it. Seemed pretty reasonable for this type of trip since it's mostly highway. If there was going to be more forrest road put-put a 15 would be a better choice.

So I'm replacing the sprockets on the bike. Have to pull the shifter linkage to get the front cover off. Bolt is tighter than fuck. It's fighting me the whole way out. Finally the arm slips off the shaft. Bolt still threaded in. WTF? Thread Bolt the rest of the way out. Motherfucker put the Bolt in backwards.

20230628_194403.jpg

No wonder the shifter felt sloppy. I swear some people should not be allowed to work on things.

Two for sale in my area. Starting to pop up. I'm adding $400 to the cost for a SeatConcepts seat. Waiting it out for a bit. Get something that has a few bits and pieces added on.

But its nice to see them starting to become available.

I've been shopping a bit myself. Really miss my FZ07 but was cramped on it. Hard to find a naked one not saddled with tons of added stuff

Crazy how these things were all the rage, everything online was about preorders then suddenly crickets.

There is a nice low mile T7 for sale on the St. Louis CL…….no connection to the seller.

Two for sale in my area. Starting to pop up. I'm adding $400 to the cost for a SeatConcepts seat. Waiting it out for a bit. Get something that has a few bits and pieces added on.

But its nice to see them starting to become available.
Your going to want the peg lowering brackets.

Also, for the seat concepts seat. I would go with the 1 piece comfort seat. The 2 piece one doesn't allow much room to move around. I would be much happier without the back lip so I could move back and forth. My KTM seat is that way.

Your going to want the peg lowering brackets.

Also, for the seat concepts seat. I would go with the 1 piece comfort seat. The 2 piece one doesn't allow much room to move around. I would be much happier without the back lip so I could move back and forth. My KTM seat is that way.
Yawp. 100%. My DR has the SeatConcepts Tall. I love how its the whole length of the bike. Lots of options to move back and forth. And I'm 99% sure, SC added 1" to the seat upon request.

Top Bottom Back Refresh