What's new

Yamaha T7 Mega Thread

Lost about 5-1/2" of width, looks like more, but that's what it measures out.

20230603_131603.jpg

Current weight with hardware.

20230603_132526.jpg

Previous weight with hardware.

20230527_112450.jpg

So about a 2# reduction. And it's also much stronger with the short 10.9 hardware versus the extra long 8.8's that went through the spacers.

Thinking of an aluminum heatshield for the muffler, we'll see how that goes.
Dude, that's a huge improvement! Your tubular recessed mounts look so much nicer. Nice work, man!

ABS delete in progress. Stock versus 3 hoses.

20230605_204041.jpg

I didn't think those metal lines were going to come out without mangling them. Wasn't to bad actually.

While I was there I decided the high fender mount needed to be a little higher.

20230605_212255.jpg

It's now 1/4" higher. Should clear at full bump now. Maybe...... The tape measure said it probably wasn't before.

Reactions: MVI
Single disk would be good for dirt only, but this is an adventure bike. The single disk would be pretty weak trying to stop from speed on blacktop, especially loaded up.

Still a firm believer that these bikes are not dirt bikes, and that trying to turn one into a one means you bought the wrong bike.

I can see getting rid of the ABS or disabling it. Its a pain in the ass to remember to push the button to shut it off every time you restart the bike.

I have thought about ditching a disk. The old KLR was about 20# lighter and did just fine with a single disk. The 700 has better brakes to start with also. Only issue would be higher pad wear. But since I don't use the brakes all that much it may not be an issue.

"You go fast by not slowing down"

These things.

20230606_125108.jpg

People that use vampire taps should be whipped with 14g wire. Rewire in progress.

Arts and crafts day. 1/8" 6061 mount for the heated grip controller.

20230607_192427.jpg

Like so, also has the new aux light button below it.

20230607_192423.jpg

This was the old setup, took up way to much space and too far from your hand.

20230607_192405.jpg

Some made in the USA billet goodness to replace the chinesium LED.

20230607_194946.jpg

That's not a horrible price if the farkles that are on it are things you would buy anyways.

Plastics versus Acerbis tank........

20230608_204950.jpg

Things could be better.........

All back together.

20230608_212531.jpg

Things left to do before the trip.
Oil and filter
Chain and sprockets
Tires.
Seat........ 3-4 weeks seat concepts? Yeah right........

What he said. It's nice to have 250 miles or more range before looking gas.
At my rate of travel it will get 180 miles max. I was only getting 120 out of the stock tank. Going to carry a 3G giant loop bag with me for the fairbanks to Prudhoe bay stretch.

So, the ABS delete has screwed up the speedo. It jumps all over the place and reads about 30% high. Going to email them and see what's up. I do not relish pulling the tank agian.

So, the ABS delete has screwed up the speedo. It jumps all over the place and reads about 30% high. Going to email them and see what's up. I do not relish pulling the tank agian.
I believe the Speedo may run off the ABS Ring, but I am not sure.

Did you buy someone's delete kit or are you DYI?

I believe the Speedo may run off the ABS Ring, but I am not sure.

Did you buy someone's delete kit or are you DYI?

That is the exact kit I bought.

Top Bottom Back Refresh