What's new

Yamaha T7 Mega Thread

Hallo to everybody!!
I just came in and i want to show you something!!
And im sure that you understand!!
A video that motorcycle lovers like!
Made with a7iv camera in a demolished very old church somewhere in Kavala in Greece..
The video was made after acquiring a popular motorcycle.
Νeeds a little patience!
Here's the video

Hallo to everybody!!
I just came in and i want to show you something!!
And im sure that you understand!!
A video that motorcycle lovers like!
Made with a7iv camera in a demolished very old church somewhere in Kavala in Greece..
The video was made after acquiring a popular motorcycle.
Νeeds a little patience!
Here's the video

Camera work is nice, but way too long and kind of boring at least for me. Sorry!

Ok, getting back into the ADV game. Anybody know what kind of packing is in this hateful piece of shit?

20230521_152531.jpg

ASSuming the rivets need to get drilled to repack. Camel ADV can suck my dick for this POS. All ready contemplating replacing it for something that doesn't suck.

Ok, getting back into the ADV game. Anybody know what kind of packing is in this hateful piece of shit?

20230521_152531.jpg

ASSuming the rivets need to get drilled to repack. Camel ADV can suck my dick for this POS. All ready contemplating replacing it for something that doesn't suck.
I am guessing just some sort of fiberglass if you can get it opened up. I am taking it that it has gotten really loud? Have you asked Cory?

I have been extremely happy with Huzar on my bike. Extremely quiet and was dirt cheap to buy.

Yeah, fiberglass packing seems to take a beating with twins. Harsh exhaust pulses vs a four cylinder I guess. Try to avoid drilling the rivets out of the outlet end as dealing with the carbon end caps can be a pain sometimes. They get delicate with age/sun. All you can do is pop it apart and repack it.

I am guessing just some sort of fiberglass if you can get it opened up. I am taking it that it has gotten really loud? Have you asked Cory?

I have been extremely happy with Huzar on my bike. Extremely quiet and was dirt cheap to buy.

Who is Cory?

Leaning towards another supertrapp internal disk muffler.

s-l500.jpg

I had one on my KLR for over 60K. Bulletproof and easy to repack. Just a little heavy..... But currently I think I have permanent hearing damage in my right ear from riding 700 miles with a basically open pipe.

Last edited:
Who is Cory?

Leaning towards another supertrapp internal disk muffler.

s-l500.jpg

I had one on my KLR for over 60K. Bulletproof and easy to repack. Just a little heavy..... But currently I think I have permanent hearing damage in Mt right ear from riding 700 miles with a basically open pipe.
Cory owns Camel ADV the place your exhaust came from.

The Huzar with both DB killers is as quiet or quieter than the stock muffler. I paid roughly $220 for the Huzar set up.

+1 on the Huzar. I cut mine down from 50mm to 40mm and inside is a combo of fiberglass and a steel wool like material.

Next stupid question that has probably all ready been covered 50 times

ABS delete, can the wheel speed sensors get canned or are they still needed?

Looks like I can buy a complete new can off ebay for 60$ delivered.

Screenshot_20230521-195251_Chrome.jpg

This one is leaking all over.

20230521_195150.jpg

20230521_195154.jpg

There was still a little packing rolling around in there!

20230521_200313.jpg

Looks like the ceramic stuff.

There was also some fine metal screen wrapped around the core.

20230521_201153.jpg

It was almost completely gone, held on by the finest bailing wire.

20230521_201207.jpg

I'm going to get the Egay one and mod it. Will use the inlet side cap from this one the make a SS end cap for the new one. Not a fan of CF in mufflers, it just doesn't hold up. Also going back to low mount so I can tuck the saddle bags back in. I all ready smacked a car lane splitting with this thing due to its width.

There was still a little packing rolling around in there!

20230521_200313.jpg

Looks like the ceramic stuff.

There was also some fine metal screen wrapped around the core.

20230521_201153.jpg

It was almost completely gone, held on by the finest bailing wire.

20230521_201207.jpg

I'm going to get the Egay one and mod it. Will use the inlet side cap from this one the make a SS end cap for the new one. Not a fan of CF in mufflers, it just doesn't hold up. Also going back to low mount so I can tuck the saddle bags back in. I all ready smacked a car lane splitting with this thing due to its width.
Won't the low mount make it wider yet?

Won't the low mount make it wider yet?
Not overall with the bags since the bags will be above it. They will still stick out further than the pipe, but it will be about 4" per side narrower. As you can see, it was ridiculously wide.

64627972bb75322a5d46deaa.jpg

Good Lord! Barely any packing and a straight thru tube. I bet that thing was singing!

Not overall with the bags since the bags will be above it. They will still stick out further than the pipe, but it will be about 4" per side narrower. As you can see, it was ridiculously wide.

64627972bb75322a5d46deaa.jpg
That's pretty damn wide. I went a much different route. Huzar muffler, and Rally Raid soft bag racks. Its way narrower than your set up.

i-GdngGgw-L.jpg

Last edited:
I had a giant loop bag on the KLR, but it made it hard to swing a leg over. Trying to keep things off the rear seat this time. I'm not short, but I'm getting a lot less flexible in my old age.

Also unsure if the crash bars are staying. I've never needed them before. Not sure they are worth the extra weight.

Top Bottom Back Refresh