What's new

Yamaha T7 Mega Thread

Hi all,

Been over in the Boxer playpen but just got word my T7 is in after a painful 9 days on the waiting list. Ya, 9 days. Dealer said that he was sick of people not answering the phone or returning messages so it's mine. I think I was number 6 or 7 on the list....funny too, as I thought it was a spam call and only answered it because I was feeling like fucking with a spammer. Just lucky. Picking it up next week. Can't wait!!

Hi all,

Been over in the Boxer playpen but just got word my T7 is in after a painful 9 days on the waiting list. Ya, 9 days. Dealer said that he was sick of people not answering the phone or returning messages so it's mine. I think I was number 6 or 7 on the list....funny too, as I thought it was a spam call and only answered it because I was feeling like fucking with a spammer. Just lucky. Picking it up next week. Can't wait!!

Well that can't be, I keep reading there are none to be had. :D

I all seriousness, congrats on scoring a bike so quickly after pulling the trigger to buy one.

Ya, I just got lucky. Dealer had 7 people on the list and is getting 1 bike. He thinks more coming but doesn't really know for sure.

High Fender kit is sharp

1671976643205.png

1671976691351.png

I’ve wondered, is there any advantage to a high fender aside from aesthetics?
If you ride in sticky mud possibly. Low fenders can get clogged up with mud and either break or stop the wheel from turning.

That, and the trade off is high fenders don't keep rain spray off of you for normal running around. Dirt bike fenders are high because they actually have that much suspension travel they need to compensate for. High fever is not like riding a street bike with no fender at all, but it's very close. Doesn't seem like a big deal until you find yourself needing to clean your visor repeatedly because you didn't think hitting a tiny puddle that you'd normally ignore could spray you that hard 😁

That high fender sure looks like great on the T7 tho..

That, and the trade off is high fenders don't keep rain spray off of you for normal running around. Dirt bike fenders are high because they actually have that much suspension travel they need to compensate for. High fever is not like riding a street bike with no fender at all, but it's very close. Doesn't seem like a big deal until you find yourself needing to clean your visor repeatedly because you didn't think hitting a tiny puddle that you'd normally ignore could spray you that hard 😁

That high fender sure looks like great on the T7 tho..
I'll partially disagree. Most of how much spray you get hit with has to do what high fender is used. The sexy looking super moto high fenders are useless for keeping spray of off. The right shaped full length moto cross size high fenders do a good job of it. I have used both. The super moto high fender lasted one ride on a wet road on my T7. The bikes with low fenders made this stretch of road in Mexico no fun at all.

Attachments

• cDK4d-7ne2ewfra2h3okmidb6aluru.jpg
    cDK4d-7ne2ewfra2h3okmidb6aluru.jpg
    535 KB · Views: 32
I'll partially disagree. Most of how much spray you get hit with has to do what high fender is used. The sexy looking super moto high fenders are useless for keeping spray of off. The right shaped full length moto cross size high fenders do a good job of it. I have used both. The super moto high fender lasted one ride on a wet road on my T7. The bikes with low fenders made this stretch of road in Mexico no fun at all.

What fender did you end up with! I have a Polisport universal one on the way but no idea how it’ll work.

This one that Camel recommended:

• Acerbis 2006-09 YZ/WR is a great choice if you're looking for a full-size fender. White (2040510002), Black (2040510001), Blue (2040510003

1673216784504.png

Yep. Sitting on it might be safe, but if you take a test ride bring your wallet. :-)

Yamaha got me that way in 2011, for the new 2012 Super Tenere.

no test ride, and they had my check.... :fpalm

Top Bottom Back Refresh