What's new

Yawn. Another ADVrider banning

I think most (if not all) would NEVER insult a person with disabilities. On the contrary, we’d celebrate their every victory - and they usually have many that most of us would be proud to claim as our own.

Of course that’s coming from the perspective of an inmate who was banned for sharing a MC event poster that allegedly had a bit of underboob showing on one of the 2 models standing next to a motorcycle ( I don’t know, I shared it from my phone), banned for sharing a window decal I saw that included a cartoon wilie and finally for posting a cartoon snowman whose carrot nose reminded someone of a caricature penis. Yet I can still say shit, piss, fuck, cunt, motherfucker, cocksucker and tits. :dunno

I got banned for posting

a photo of two bald guys at a concert behind a girl on someone's shoulders that made it look the two head were her naked butt.

A poorly formed hot dog pastry that looked like a man's junk. Well, 6 men, because it was 6 fukking pastries on that tray.

A collection of chrome butt plus wrapped in a rubber band and labeled as decorations and priced next to old coffee mugs at the Goodwill.

Sheesh.

I saw this and warned the guy. I think he protested and it disappeared by the mods. Sheesh. It's funny.

good-doggy.jpg

The most bizarre thing to me is, what happens if a mod Over There says to VS fuck you this is bullshit? What, they lose their "job"? They take a cut in the enormous pay, health care benefits, retirement package, etc. they receive as moderator?! :oscar

The fact that the modtards over there will do this policing of jokes for free tells me all I need to know about them. Everyone has their “willing exectutiors”…from Stalin to Vertical Scope.

If I write “tard” and the thought of a person with a learning disability pops into someone else’s head that is their problem to sort out. Another person’s piss poor word associations should not be our problems to solve. Maybe the offended should stop associating people with learning disabilities with “retard.”

If an Englishman asks someone for a lighter so that they can go smoke a fag they just rolled and that someone assumes the Englishman is going to light a homosexual male on fire that is their problem to sort out…not the Englishman’s.

The fact that the majority of us have to cater to the word associations of the very few needs to stop.

Last edited:
If an Englishman asks someone for a lighter so that they can go smoke a fag they just rolled and that someone assumes the Englishman is going to light a homosexual male on fire that is their problem to sort out…not the Englishman’s.

There is also the weirdness that somehow anyone from Australia is given a free pass on the word "cunt" even though it's a pejorative no matter who/where utters or writes it. Very odd.

I got banned for posting a photo of two bald guys at a concert behind a girl on someone's shoulders that made it look the two head were her naked butt.

Wow, that's actually tangibly worse than Faceborg's AI.

Which is pretty fucking impressive given how tragically broken Faceborg's AI is.

If I call someone an idiot is that offensive to actual idiots?

Give it time.

If you look carefully at words like "idiot", along with "moron" and "imbecile", you may discover that from their beginnings these terms actually conveyed by definition specific ranges of I.Q.s. Over time, those elements of their definitions somehow were erased.

There are those who believe that screwing with the vernacular can change people's thinking.

It seems to end about the same as handing everyone guns to achieve a polite society.

People try to cope with this challenge in strange ways. Black folks (ehrm wait is it still ok to say "black"?) basically adopting the N word was one of the more bizarro events in my opinion. I don't know how much it helped.

Some friends of mine decades ago tried to turn the notion of profanity upside-down. Novel but futile beyond the entertainment within the micro-community.

A new member made in introduction post and proudly, but respectfully, announced his political party of choice. Folks swarmed in there to berate him, call him all sorts of names and tell him to stfu. Including Coots. He was threatened to be banned if he did it again.

I asked why it was was bad for new guy to express his political leanings but it ok for them to express there's. Especially with such animosity and name calling. Coots started flooding my pm inbox with all sorts of nasty personal attacks. They were all made up, of course, because that bitch doesn't know me, but boy did she give me a ration of shit. Including "go fuck yourself". The PMs started out strong, then when she started getting really ugly she switched to pming anonymously.

I messaged baldy about how a mod was hiding behind PMs anonymously and told him to put his dogs on a leash or force them respond with their identity in the open. His reply was, "you know, whatcha gonna do about it" 🤷‍♂️

So I decided to leave. I logged in like a month later and discovered then that Coots had given me a two week ban for disrespecting a mod. The same mod that told me to go fuck myself because I repeatedly refused to engage in a PM conversation until the mod revealed themself and stopped hiding behind anonymous posting.

So yeah, that place is a cesspool. Some good folks are members there, but I don't support a place that encourages online bullying and personal attacks. I do know they are gonna react, and I know it's going to be rude and ugly. Who has time for that nonsense?
I just happened upon this thread this morning. I gotta say that's pretty surprising. I would have called her the most reasonable of the mod crew. She actually PM'd me at one point to tell me that she knew RoadRunner was stalking me, and to let her know if it got to be too much. I told her I didn't give a shit about some nutty broad on the internet, but it was a nice thought.

I got banned for posting

A collection of chrome butt plus wrapped in a rubber band and labeled as decorations and priced next to old coffee mugs at the Goodwill.

Sheesh.
I remember that one. I thought it hilarious - more of a commentary of Goodwill employees than offensive. :lol3 My first thought was about the person who cleaned/polished them before putting them on the shelf.

I mean, if you knew what they were, they would just generate a shrug. If you didn't know, then then you might think they were just decorations. Any connotations beyond that would be your own.

Yeah, I dunno. I just re-read some of our PMs. She seemed pretty reasonable, but it was several years ago.
And that’s the jist. Are there marching orders from the over lords. Or are the top mods cut loose to do as they please. I believe the “morality” is what the top mods that remainded have wanted for years. Those under them were either heavy handed or loose leash as they saw fit in the old days.

I just happened upon this thread this morning. I gotta say that's pretty surprising. I would have called her the most reasonable of the mod crew. She actually PM'd me at one point to tell me that she knew RoadRunner was stalking me, and to let her know if it got to be too much. I told her I didn't give a shit about some nutty broad on the internet, but it was a nice thought.
I was surprised as well. Maybe you're on her good list so you get a pass.

I never took sides. Homie just said something about politics and people dog piled on him for being "wrong" and told him to STFU.

"Why do y'all get a say but he doesn't?" She took that as me taking a stance against her politically and she showed her ass. It is what it is, and it was stupid.

Another example from their homepage today. I don't recall ever seeing this done before: https://www.advrider.com/gloves-or-deglove-yourself/

1713484064404.png

What's weird is that this appears to be an article from four years ago. You have to be a special kind of fucktard to recycle an article that pissed off your members and be so stupid as to leave the four year old comments attached while keeping it locked down. Ham fisted moderation and clueless publishing in action.

I don't care for the article, but if I were to republish it, I'd have the good sense to strip the comments from it altogether. It's especially ironic that the author's defense has been proven faulty since the original publication.
:nono

Another example from their homepage today. I don't recall ever seeing this done before: https://www.advrider.com/gloves-or-deglove-yourself/

1713484064404.png

What's weird is that this appears to be an article from four years ago. You have to be a special kind of fucktard to recycle an article that pissed off your members and be so stupid as to leave the four year old comments attached while keeping it locked down. Ham fisted moderation and clueless publishing in action.

I don't care for the article, but if I were to republish it, I'd have the good sense to strip the comments from it altogether. It's especially ironic that the author's defense has been proven faulty since the original publication.
The very first line tells me he is an idiot of giant proportions!

“Wes Mantooth” joined the Asylum on May 24, 2005. Then a rising senior at the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, my aspirations contrasted with my classmates’ quite professional intentions.

Thank you, George Carlin!

While my immediate inclination is to say that no, I would NEVER insult a person with disabilities, I think I need to confront the fact that by saying and writing things like "trumptard" I am in fact insulting people with disabilities. It's just not the same disabilities, nor would it be the same possibility or impossibility of those disabilities ever changing. Because a term like trumptard is not meant to apply to all trump voters or followers but a select cross-section of the most-dedicated and a part of me believes that yeah, being susceptible to such a con is in fact a disability of some kind.

And of course no, I would never insult people with genuine disabilities, at least unless they really went out of their way to deliberately earn the reward, and I was certain that they'd be able to understand the nature of the response. Else why even bother.

These are very interesting times. We have folks caterwauling about "virtue signalling", we have the PC cops, etc. etc. etc. And it has reached a point where people are just looking for a reason to be upset about something. As if we don't have enough to be genuinely upset about already. Then we get platforms that are happy to eagerly accommodate the karens' whims as they go about draining every penny out of their investments.

The most bizarre thing to me is, what happens if a mod Over There says to VS fuck you this is bullshit? What, they lose their "job"? They take a cut in the enormous pay, health care benefits, retirement package, etc. they receive as moderator?! :oscar

All valid point, though Trumptard is an acceptable term over there for some reason.

The fact that the modtards over there will do this policing of jokes for free tells me all I need to know about them. Everyone has their “willing exectutiors”…from Stalin to Vertical Scope.

If I write “tard” and the thought of a person with a learning disability pops into someone else’s head that is their problem to sort out. Another person’s piss poor word associations should not be our problems to solve. Maybe the offended should stop associating people with learning disabilities with “retard.”

The fact that the majority of us have to cater to the word associations of the very few needs to stop.
:clap

eah, I dunno. I just re-read some of our PMs. She seemed pretty reasonable, but it was several years ago

And that’s the jist. Are there marching orders from the over lords. Or are the top mods cut loose to do as they please. I believe the “morality” is what the top mods that remainded have wanted for years. Those under them were either heavy handed or loose leash as they saw fit in the old days.
Those mods have their marching orders to scare away anyone with jokes that might offend anything softer than labia glistening with morning dew.

Lurkers are paid to go on popular forums and take screenshots of anything offensive next to an advertisement. They then go to the advertiser and let them know what their ad dollars are associated with.

All this is trickling down from Blackrock / Larry Fink and the DEI and Corporate Index ratings for inclusion which is a nice way of saying “people that are easily offended by jokes.”

Top Bottom Back Refresh