What's new

Yawn. Another ADVrider banning

In total fairness, I have to point out that some of it is driven by one or two inmates who have children with developmental disabilities and whose panties get twisted perhaps understandably every time the letters t, a, r and d appear together in any way that might be somehow construed as having something to do with the mean word.
Is drat now offensive to everyone or just to slow kids with dyslexia? :hmmmmm

LOL. I've been using "pinhead" some. Just a matter of time until some inmate happens to have pinhead crotch-fruit and complains about it.
I've never understood how someone connects the dots between a post they find offensive and someone they know that will never see the post. Everyone needs a hobby, but there are so many better ones than being a White Knight of the Virtue Signaling Realm.

HOW DARE YOU!

I wouldn't be too shocked if this day comes.

The thing about ATA/IDE "master" and "slave" hard drive pinouts comes to mind. It's interesting. Same-same with floppy drives. It's not like any more or less people in the 1980s thought slavery was hunky-dory than now. It was probably the last thing ever to come to any nerds' minds back then, particularly, when they decided how to name these devices that could operate only alone or in pairs. But fast-forward just a few years and, well, that's no longer polite. I'm surprised nobody demanded all the old manuals and setup guides be burned, printed circuits be re-stenciled, etc.

I'm not the best history student. Didn't have enough science. :lol3 Was there a time like this in, say, the early 1900s? Or the 1800s?

White Knight
200.gif

He didn't say that he knew that fate would whack him with a German sedan, so there's that.
It seems to me that a reasonable person would understand that the risk of a crash is likely while running red lights in Washington DC on a motorcycle while "pursuing l’appel du vide".

Maybe I'm just picky, but I prefer to have my condescending nanny lectures preached to me by people who are slightly more reasonable.

Ah, another vintage article from 2019, re-posted today.

If any of you wants to get an article on the ADVr home page, this appears to be a good time to submit.
You may need to have your ban reversed first. :photog

I think most (if not all) would NEVER insult a person with disabilities. On the contrary, we’d celebrate their every victory - and they usually have many that most of us would be proud to claim as our own.

Of course that’s coming from the perspective of an inmate who was banned for sharing a MC event poster that allegedly had a bit of underboob showing on one of the 2 models standing next to a motorcycle ( I don’t know, I shared it from my phone), banned for sharing a window decal I saw that included a cartoon wilie and finally for posting a cartoon snowman whose carrot nose reminded someone of a caricature penis. Yet I can still say shit, piss, fuck, cunt, motherfucker, cocksucker and tits. :dunno

Last edited:
Ah, another vintage article from 2019, re-posted today.

If any of you wants to get an article on the ADVr home page, this appears to be a good time to submit.
You may need to have your ban reversed first. :photog
Ironically even though I’m perma banned I can still comment on those stupid articles thru Discus

I think most (if not all) would NEVER insult a person with disabilities. On the contrary, we’d celebrate their every victory - and they usually have many that most of us would be proud to claim as our own.

Of course that’s coming from the perspective of an inmate who was banned for sharing a MC event poster that allegedly had a bit of underboob showing on one of the 2 models standing next to a motorcycle ( I don’t know, I shared it from my phone), banned for sharing a window decal I saw that included a cartoon wilie and finally for posting a cartoon snowman whose carrot nose reminded someone of a caricature penis. Yet I can still say shit, piss, fuck, cunt, motherfucker, cocksucker and tits. :dunno

Thank you, George Carlin!

While my immediate inclination is to say that no, I would NEVER insult a person with disabilities, I think I need to confront the fact that by saying and writing things like "trumptard" I am in fact insulting people with disabilities. It's just not the same disabilities, nor would it be the same possibility or impossibility of those disabilities ever changing. Because a term like trumptard is not meant to apply to all trump voters or followers but a select cross-section of the most-dedicated and a part of me believes that yeah, being susceptible to such a con is in fact a disability of some kind.

And of course no, I would never insult people with genuine disabilities, at least unless they really went out of their way to deliberately earn the reward, and I was certain that they'd be able to understand the nature of the response. Else why even bother.

These are very interesting times. We have folks caterwauling about "virtue signalling", we have the PC cops, etc. etc. etc. And it has reached a point where people are just looking for a reason to be upset about something. As if we don't have enough to be genuinely upset about already. Then we get platforms that are happy to eagerly accommodate the karens' whims as they go about draining every penny out of their investments.

The most bizarre thing to me is, what happens if a mod Over There says to VS fuck you this is bullshit? What, they lose their "job"? They take a cut in the enormous pay, health care benefits, retirement package, etc. they receive as moderator?! :oscar

Top Bottom Back Refresh