What's new

Yawn. Another ADVrider banning

All valid point, though Trumptard is an acceptable term over there for some reason.
I see it as one of the lowest forms of government. Way down there below HOAs. People with a little power who have the means and desire to abuse it inevitably will.

I never took sides. Homie just said something about politics and people dog piled on him for being "wrong" and told him to STFU.

"Why do y'all get a say but he doesn't?" She took that as me taking a stance against her politically and she showed her ass. It is what it is, and it was stupid.
Good for you for saying something. Sometimes those people with some power think it's okay to abuse it when they believe is for a good cause. That mentality is everywhere now a days.

Could never post 5 mins of Daytona bike week on mainstreet. Ha when motorcyclist get offended. Heck I will not post the mx girl stuff here. It is just too wild..like Daytona or anything else great about bike life. BTW if it is educational....anything flies on youtube

And that’s the jist. Are there marching orders from the over lords. Or are the top mods cut loose to do as they please. I believe the “morality” is what the top mods that remainded have wanted for years. Those under them were either heavy handed or loose leash as they saw fit in the old days.
According to Rudy's post in the VS takeover announcement thread he says CannonShot is the leader.

If you look at VSAdmin's profile under the "Areas" tab it shows 46 posts but the post counter shows 79 posts. I'm sure there's an admin subforum that we can't see. That's where all the evil plotting surely happens. CS has about 4,700 posts that don't show up in his "Areas" total. More evil plotting I'd bet. :D

There must be some kind of direction or guidance but I doubt that it's much. VS has so many forums in it's portfolio that they can't go micromanage them all. I'd bet that the culture there comes mostly from the old school mods & admins.

According to Rudy's post in the VS takeover announcement thread he says CannonShot is the leader.

If you look at VSAdmin's profile under the "Areas" tab it shows 46 posts but the post counter shows 79 posts. I'm sure there's an admin subforum that we can't see. That's where all the evil plotting surely happens. CS has about 4,700 posts that don't show up in his "Areas" total. More evil plotting I'd bet. :D

There must be some kind of direction or guidance but I doubt that it's much. VS has so many forums in it's portfolio that they can't go micromanage them all. I'd bet that the culture there comes mostly from the old school mods & admins.
The group VSAdmin account went dark for awhile shortly after their smarmy introduction. That they didn't care to make individual accounts (JohnVS, FreidaVS, etc.) and the way they conducted "themselves" showed me how they do business. Not my kind of people.

The way VS & Co. treated small vendors was another strike against them.

The group VSAdmin account went dark for awhile shortly after their smarmy introduction. That they didn't care to make individual accounts (JohnVS, FreidaVS, etc.) and the way they conducted "themselves" showed me how they do business. Not my kind of people.

The way VS & Co. treated small vendors was another strike against them.
And that account hasn't posted publicly since Aug 2022 but was "Last Seen" on Thursday. It'll be interesting to see how quickly that post count of 79 increases. That could show how active they are behind the scenes.

There is a thread about vanity tags. I was on a group ride this weekend and saw one i was going to post about but no photo cause I couldn't get my phone out quick enough. A blue Nissan van with KY tags: MOM BOX. I was laughing my head off and typed up a post about it but then deleted it because it'd probably get me another ban. Someone at the KY DMV let that slide I guess. :)

At least a dozen were PMs to me. :deal
Trying to pin down a mod's logic is an exercise in futility, but on a slow day it can be fun.

At least a dozen were PMs to me. :deal
Trying to pin down a mod's logic is an exercise in futility, but on a slow day it can be fun.
I couldn't say for certain but I'd guess that PMs don't count toward that total. I get what you're saying though. :D

Yeah, who knows their motives. I'm intrigued by the whole thing though. I've had my own experience with VS and their takeovers. Frankly I see the whole thing as a train wreck at this point and tough to not follow along with. "As The ADVr Turns"...not your grandma's soap opera. :lol2

I don't have a horse in the ADVr race because I got a late start and wasn't there long enough to remember the glory days. I feel really bad for anyone who's been treated unfairly after spending a lot of years there. That sucks or sure.

A new member made in introduction post and proudly, but respectfully, announced his political party of choice. Folks swarmed in there to berate him, call him all sorts of names and tell him to stfu. Including Coots. He was threatened to be banned if he did it again.

I asked why it was was bad for new guy to express his political leanings but it ok for them to express there's. Especially with such animosity and name calling. Coots started flooding my pm inbox with all sorts of nasty personal attacks. They were all made up, of course, because that bitch doesn't know me, but boy did she give me a ration of shit. Including "go fuck yourself". The PMs started out strong, then when she started getting really ugly she switched to pming anonymously.

I messaged baldy about how a mod was hiding behind PMs anonymously and told him to put his dogs on a leash or force them respond with their identity in the open. His reply was, "you know, whatcha gonna do about it" 🤷‍♂️

So I decided to leave. I logged in like a month later and discovered then that Coots had given me a two week ban for disrespecting a mod. The same mod that told me to go fuck myself because I repeatedly refused to engage in a PM conversation until the mod revealed themself and stopped hiding behind anonymous posting.

So yeah, that place is a cesspool. Some good folks are members there, but I don't support a place that encourages online bullying and personal attacks. I do know they are gonna react, and I know it's going to be rude and ugly. Who has time for that nonsense?
How long ago did this happen?

I've been on ADVr for 16 years now. When I joined I did because I was interested in motorcycles and riding. I never looked at the basement. Now, 16 years later I am still there for the same reasons as 16 years ago. I don't see any real changes except that the forum has grown and expanded. I do occasionally look into the basement but almost never post there. CSM is a left wing nut job echo chamber and cesspool. I can't compare it to years ago because i didn't look at it back then. JM has been tamed down due to heavy handed moderation but that isn't a big deal to me as it isn't why I am on the forum in the first place. If you look at the profiles of the inmates with a huge number of posts you will find that most of them have the majority of their posts in the basement or other non motorcycle areas. JVB is one of the few exceptions. I have hundreds of friends on ADVr and most of them don't hang out in the basement. They are all there because they like to ride motorcycles. Very few of them have been banned or had any issues with the mods.

While I like this forum and am active on it, it has too few members to replace ADVr. Right now there are 819 inmates logged onto ADVr and 4 members logged into this forum.

Last edited:
I've been on ADVr for 16 years now. When I joined I did because I was interested in motorcycles and riding. I never looked at the basement. Now, 16 years later I am still there for the same reasons as 16 years ago. I don't see any real changes except that the forum has grown and expanded. I do occasionally look into the basement but almost never post there. CSM is a left wing nut job echo chamber and cesspool. I can't compare it to years ago because i didn't look at it back then. JM has been tamed down due to heavy handed moderation but that isn't a big deal to me as it isn't why I am on the forum in the first place. If you look at the profiles of the inmates with a huge number of posts you will find that most of them have the majority of their posts in the basement or other non motorcycle areas. JVB is one of the few exceptions. I have hundreds of friends on ADVr and most of them don't hang out in the basement. They are all there because they like to ride motorcycles. Very few of them have been banned or had any issues with the mods.

While I like this forum and am active on it, it has too few members to replace ADVr. Right now there are 819 inmates logged onto ADVr and 4 members logged into this forum.

I like the basement cause I like the pickchure threads, but ignore most everything else. I do note that when I go "up top" I see a whole different case of characters. When I was fixing up an old airhead, I got some great advice and help from may people I never saw in the basement. It's like 2 seperate forums sometimes. 3 if you include CSM, but I can't see it any more so I'm speaking from long ago memories.

Perfectly said.

I only follow a few threads on ADVr, and nothing in the Basement or deeper regions. Other than what's been mentioned here, I can't speak to how current moderation is going because I'm not in a position to see it. The official word can be whatever they want it to be, but I have no doubt that VS wanted to ditch the entire Basement. In today's climate, what corporation wouldn't? The only reason they didn't was due to the traffic it generates, not because of any concerns about free speech or that bikerz are bad boyz. The compromise is what we see now, with an understanding of sorts with the mod clique following their marching orders, and little oversight of their activities.

I do wonder about the long term health of ADVr, though. There's something squirrely going on with the editorial content when they feel the need to recycle years old articles with no attempt to update the material or even acknowledge the original date of publication. They're also pushing more content from other VS entities, some of which has little to do with motorcycles. I know the forum is the heart of the site, but the homepage is also important.

I've never understood why ADVr hasn't done more to seek out members for one-off articles. The forum is filled with interesting, knowledgeable people that write well, and the site could use something better than bland camping articles from five years ago or ads for the latest Toyota 4WD.

Top Bottom Back Refresh