What's new

You're Too Loud

ass kicked killed
I'd have to know more details about how early/late it was, how often and for how long the neighbor uses the leaf blower, and whether they were an asshole in other ways before deciding whether it should be ignored, be given and ass kicking, or be killed.

Seemed to happen alot in the north. The year I moved up there, an off duty fireman lit up his neighbors for fireworks. He killed 2 or 3. That is why I found the irony of the 1/4 sticks being ignited. The whole darn house would shake. Or a full can of paint or wd40 in the fire trick. That would shake the house also. Stress plus more stress is never a good thing. A weed eater or blower is kinda a joke noise wise. But everyone has their breaking point. Maybe that is why I tend to use equipment right off idle and during reasonable hrs. The neighborly rules of living have vanished in many communities.

I don't think it's asking too much for people to muffle their engines enough that they don't rattle the windows on my house. The same goes for some of the other noise making mentioned. Generally speaking, I want to be left alone. Realizing that others may want the same, I try not to bother them so they have no justification to bother me. I can't want more civility while being uncivil.
Exactly the thought process I've always applied to lane-splitting (and it wasn't legal here until recently anyway). I've gotten flak for this viewpoint in the past, but it basically boils down to respect for others - if it isn't legal and you do it anyway with the attitude of "they'll get over it", all you do is cause some car drivers to hate all bikes and riders even more than they probably already did, so it's a selfish approach. Don't do stuff you would rather not have done to you.

Now, the loud pipes on my 450 are a different thing entirely... :lol3

Soooooooooooo what you're saying is installing Freedom 2-into-1 Combat exhaust on an Indian Scout Bobber may be a bad idea?
It is not the pipes. It is rev bombing for no reason that pisses people off.

There might be more to the situation of noise. If your neighbor cleans up your leaves also, then the sound of a leaf blower is glorious. If your neighbor blows their leaves on to your lawn, the leaf blower is the trumpet of war.

Exactly the thought process I've always applied to lane-splitting (and it wasn't legal here until recently anyway). I've gotten flak for this viewpoint in the past, but it basically boils down to respect for others - if it isn't legal and you do it anyway with the attitude of "they'll get over it", all you do is cause some car drivers to hate all bikes and riders even more than they probably already did, so it's a selfish approach. Don't do stuff you would rather not have done to you.

Now, the loud pipes on my 450 are a different thing entirely... :lol3

Sounds good to me. Funny how open pipes on old bikes is not nearly as harsh as open megaphone exhaust on sportbikes and modern harleys.

It is not the pipes. It is rev bombing for no reason that pisses people off.

There might be more to the situation of noise. If your neighbor cleans up your leaves also, then the sound of a leaf blower is glorious. If your neighbor blows their leaves on to your lawn, the leaf blower is the trumpet of war.
I also love the sound of the Vance & Hines 3in slip-ons. Rev bombing is obnoxious no matter who you are. I wouldn't be surprised if Pete Weber is one of those who rev bombs. WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE I AM!

I also love the sound of the Vance & Hines 3in slip-ons. Rev bombing is obnoxious no matter who you are. I wouldn't be surprised if Pete Weber is one of those who rev bombs. WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE I AM!
Spending time with a neighbor or anyone to share the joys of motorcycling out weighs our occasional noise. I must be getting old. Too much dam philosophy. Rev if ya got em. Haha

Rev Bombing.. Aaarg. I live in a small town and my street is 1 block off of Main st where the police station is so my street is a popular bypass. At one end of the street is an underpass and at the other a Cross-fit gym. On a given sunny day when the straight pipe bagger crowd ambles through. Every one of them hits the throttle while under the bridge and then again when they pass the cross-fit girls as the march or jog down the street with their weight vest or kettle bells . It is actually more annoying than the sound of static filled "Free Bird" wailing from the stereo at vol.11

Just got home from 4 days at the local GC. I go for peace and quiet. Inside to sleep, the rest of the time I'm outside with a book. Feeding the birds (and squirrels) and watching the antics of the Raccoons and anything else that passes by. We couldn't get one of our preferred secluded spots, so we ended up in General Pop. The camper to the North spent his time watching sports on TV and tossing out F-bombs. I wish the weather had been bad so he'd at least have closed his windows. To the South, a Motor Mouth from Pittsburg. Here for her 50th HS reunion. Anything you want to know about her, I could probably tell you. Across the way... New Jersey. Same thing, she wasted no time telling her life story. I spent most of the time on the move so I could avoid these loudmouths.

I should'a stayed home. :-(

Last edited:
I wish there were more options nearby. BLM would be fantastic. Our local CG was once the woods where we stealth camped on surf weekends. It's now city owned and they kept it mostly wooded.

It's nice enough, but the number of remote workers and home schooled kids has tripled occupancy. The other local CGs are either cement slabs with maybe a bush nearby or entertainment venues with parking spaces for RVs.

It's also only 8 miles from home, so extremely convenient for last-minute escapes.

I spent a lot of time in Colorado Springs and surrounding areas as a kid. Would love to get back out there again, but doubt we ever will be able to. Those dreams of travel after retirement don't always pan out like we planned. Even with the MH parked outside.

Last edited:
Well..from the north of rev bombing bridges by the younger crowd. The open pipe santa claus looking outlaws gave back to alot to the community. The noise was christmas gifts to some in needs. This was beyond special for the kids in the hospitals. Your rolling thunder was not the kid's rolling thunder.

The younger generation is just plain annoying with nothing to give...sometimes. If my 900ss with open pipe duc is going to rev bomb my 83 yr old neighbor at 4:45 AM in the deep south on a sunday.......he gets a month worth of yard maintenance for my stupidity. I'm lazy so I dont rev bomb but I still have enough energy to cut the grass when his spiteful self lets me get away with it.

It aint the noise. It is lack of compassion, fear and every other bs. And if I am not allowed to take two sides...then science is junk. So is wavelengths. And so is giving a dam about a fellow humanoid. Rev the freak out of this world. There is nothing in between...we just got old! And I want to make noise....but get away with it..morally and legally then everyone can stuff it.

Yeah, lots of things make unnecessary noise, not sure why motorcycles in general get some people up on a high horse. I much enjoy quiet things, so I'm not defending loud pipes.

Kinda how two stroke guys like to shit on four stroke guys for their bikes being too loud and getting trails shut down. Whatever. That high pitched , sustained scream of a two stroke is way more noise than a 4t making low burping noises. I grew up on two strokes but now I avoid them because the sound gives me a headache. Nobody's right or wrong, it just personal preference.

People have biases and they're rarely fair, because that's how people and biases work. I don't get a kick out of loud bikes, but they're probably less than 10% of the loud shit I have to deal with regularly. Certainly not the epidemic the loud pipe haters culture club makes it out to be.

"Let me tell you how mad this noise makes me so you can understand how much more of an evolved, sophisticated human I am". Yeah, there's more important shit to worry about.
The "high horse" could have something to do with there being no valid reason for the nonsense, which Certain Folks go out of their way to do, and which irritates the fuck out of 95% of the public, just so a bunch of overgrown infants can stroke their soon-to-be penises.

Let's try replacing "much more of an evolved, sophisticated human" with "much less of a selfish twat".

There is a lot of more important stuff to worry about. That does not mean that we should be doing nothing about this. We can multitask. Of course, "evolved, sophisticated human" would not force unnecessary noise upon others.
As always, yeah, binary folks will be binary.

It should be noted that everyone thinks stuff that doesn't bother them is less important than Other Issues.

They often change their minds when Stuff That Bothers Them starts happening and doesn't show any signs of going away.

Re the leaf blower thing...

Seems early in the news cycle but some articles mention interviews with neighbors who described the shooter as a crank who has displayed firearms in the past.

Which seems to be a good start for turning this into a gunz thread, which I won't.

But it's not the first time that folks have had it "up to here" with noise and wound up shooting, stabbing, beating, running over, etc. other folks over it.

Which makes it unavoidable for me to think that hey, if multiple people hate something so much that they are willing to do hard time to make it stop, then maybe, just maybe, I should not be doing that fuckin' thing that folks hate so much.

But then I'd be, like, woke or something, amiright. :augie

I was kinda' curious to learn more about the victim but there's not much out there. He has a FB profile but either not much in it or it's been scrubbed. Judging by his pic, the cynical part of me figured the erased FB banner pic was of a H-D or something. I did learn he was a long time Kung-Fu disciple. That appears to not have helped much, either in his ability to dodge a head GSW or in his ability to be reason successfully with an unstable neighbor. The obit mentioning Kung-Fu also incudes: "He strived to create happy events and opportunities in life while making sure the ones around him were happy as well." Apparently he guessed wrong about his neighbor being happy with the leaf blower?

I'm waiting to hear more about Lacchei, who, in a more recent article, was said to have already sold his home and was planning to leave the country. And who looks like a poster-boy for GET OFFA MY LAWN!

The "high horse" could have something to do with there being no valid reason for the nonsense, which Certain Folks go out of their way to do, and which irritates the fuck out of 95% of the public, just so a bunch of overgrown infants can stroke their soon-to-be penises.

Let's try replacing "much more of an evolved, sophisticated human" with "much less of a selfish twat".

Just a conversation, bro. Don't need to get so worked up. I understand how annoying stuff is.

Top Bottom Back Refresh