What's new

Chinese made bikes

Lifan parts in Scotland struck a cord with me. I’ve bought 3 Chinese bikes so far. I have no idea what engine is in any of them, and when this importer individual dies, I wouldn’t have a clue where to get parts. Something like Tboltusa but for bigger bike parts has to be invented before Chinese bikes could get a bigger foothold. You simply cannot look on a dealer or importer website with pull down menus for your bike parts.

Lifan parts in Scotland struck a cord with me. I’ve bought 3 Chinese bikes so far. I have no idea what engine is in any of them, and when this importer individual dies, I wouldn’t have a clue where to get parts. Something like Tboltusa but for bigger bike parts has to be invented before Chinese bikes could get a bigger foothold. You simply cannot look on a dealer or importer website with pull down menus for your bike parts.
Have you tried these sites? Upload a pic and someone will get back to you with some info and a link, eventually.

I had a few jailings 20 yrs ago. Then a ct70 clone about 11yrs ago. And really tempted to get a cl70/ss50 clone while available. All of these are horizontal clones. Wife got a 150 gy6 scooter 3 months ago. I never think much about orgin. I do prefer big 4 bikes though. But I have bikes from US. Germany, italy, Slovenia, Thailand. Taiwan, China and Japan. Only a CPI scooter from Taiwan is not in the herd any more. And the scooter was every bit as good as the yamaha. Engine was minarelli just like a zuma.

How long before Chinese made bikes become best selling bikes in the world?
Don't care. Chung king will never equal Road King in my house
Yes you are correct about the ownership
The USA has a poor record on human rights as does Australia
We don't have slave labor or kill minorities to keep them under control

Don't care. Chung king will never equal Road King in my house

We don't have slave labor or kill minorities to keep them under control
Several hundreds of thousands of Indigenous peoples, African American kidnap victims, and Chinese immigrants might take exception to that statement.

Several hundreds of thousands of Indigenous peoples, African American kidnap victims, and Chinese immigrants might take exception to that statement.
What on earth are you talking about? Something that happened 200 years ago?

Last edited:
Again, I feel just need to point out that China's not the super threat that people think it is, but it has so many internal issues that there's a very good chance the CCP will bring itself down. I will no longer harp on about the subject.

The thought of them self imploding make me smile

The part everyone excludes is...anyone who can get out and ride how ever its done is a start. This channel has content about riding and wrenching at an affordable price. Motocheeze does have big 4 bike videos. The clone videos are more popular. A few other channels reviewed this model. And now years later..review high end bikes.

The part everyone excludes is...anyone who can get out and ride how ever its done is a start. This channel has content about riding and wrenching at an affordable price. Motocheeze does have big 4 bike videos. The clone videos are more popular. A few other channels reviewed this model. And now years later..review high end bikes.

Is that the same Lifan engine that's in the Janus 250? That engine has a good reputation. It's the same engine Cleveland Cycle Works put in their Heist and Misfit, several years ago. The engine was good, but it was the rest of the bike that let those bikes down, combined with CCW's dodgy business practises, supposedly. That's what I read, I didn't buy a bike from them. The bikes have changed, and maybe the company has, also. Looking at the site, they're still using that little mill in their bikes.

Just sayin you can find issues everywhere.....I do not like a lot of what I see going on in China but I see a lot of China bashing from people who often have not been there or if they have, it was only for a few weeks. I do not know your situation but I lived there for 14 years. Came back to USA so my daughter could attend school without indoctrination. What a clusterfuck experiment in hypocrisy that has proven to be. I can easily find lots issues here as well as there. We should look in the mirror and clean our own house and then work to clean up others houses. The clown show we have in Washington DC is in a race with the clown show in Beijing to prove who is the biggest idiot.

Bad people do bad things everywhere. The trick is to condemn them all equally and not put on blinders and drink the "Kool Aid" that "my" side is right and "your" side is wrong when both are guilty. I am not saying both are are equally bad but it is really rather useless point when evil of one side or the other spends resources bashing one evil as more evil to convince people "my" evil is not as bad "yours"

Top Bottom Back Refresh