What's new

Formula One - All things F1

Yeah I feel bad for Charles too. He and Max are great friends btw, as they grew up carting together. Sad to see how Ferrari declined so much after Schumacher left...

Interesting about Michael Schumacher. Benetton declined after he left. Ferrari declined after he left. Mercedes declined after he left. Lauda almost managed to keep Mercedes going, but not quite. Of course there were other factors in play, but still...

They were over budget by $ 2.2 Million, an amount that has little influence on a $145 million budget. All of them cheat in some form or another. Red Bull just got caught because two whiney losers were in cahoots complaining loudly and the FIA investigated. The fine was higher than the overspending Red Bull did.
Teams rise and fall all the time and now it is Red Bull's turn to dominate. Maybe next season Mercedes or Ferrari will get their heads out of their butts and get better again....
They all agreed to the same budget and play by the same rules. The rule was to limit Mercedes-who had outspent everyone else,to that point. In racing the axiom is it's not cheating unless you get caught. $2.2 million is a lot of money, period. Prior to that, RB was good, but not dominate. Max was good, but not dominating. RB cheated, knew they cheated and took a chance. They got caught, lied about it, then claimed it was only for an unimportant item. If $2.2 million has little influence, $7 million is a slap on the wrist. In Horner's estimation, it was a risk well worth taking.

^ Yes they all 'agreed' but they all still do their own thing..... 😉

Like I said earlier, they all cheat in some form so if you want a real level playing field then all cars should be identical and then it would come down on drivers skills alone and pitstops.... IMHO that would really be boring.

Like I said earlier, they all cheat in some form so if you want a real level playing field then all cars should be identical and then it would come down on drivers skills alone and pitstops.... IMHO that would really be boring.
That's what we have IndyCar for.

At least they go to Sonoma. That's another one of my top 3 tracks. I doubt the super low Formula 1 cars could handle the S curve without busting off their front wing.

Might as well watch Nascrap! :)

I love how RB is the only team who doesn't actively virtue signal. Having watched some of Max's gaming streams, it's obvious the dude is based as fuck. :bubba:thumb

:lol3 specially funny if you understand what they are saying.. :rofl
Great race for Ferrari as well and Carlos in particular .

Top Bottom Back Refresh