What's new

Formula One - All things F1

That old sound makes me:
200.gif

V10 was the best era, IMO. The closest experience I ever had was getting close to the LA County Fairgrounds when the NHRA drag races were happening and feeling the power of the cars going down the strip. You don't watch those races. You feel them. :D

V10 was the best era, IMO. The closest experience I ever had was getting close to the LA County Fairgrounds when the NHRA drag races were happening and feeling the power of the cars going down the strip. You don't watch those races. You feel them. :D
Yeah, NHRA is crazy. I've only been once and got to see one run before it got rained out but I'll never forget the vision shaking intensity of those cars.

I went to a Rolex Cup race years ago and the there was lower class RX8s with rotaries that sounded way cooler than even the top class cup cars.

No I haven’t yet as that is quite a ride too. Seen his utoob stuff with HeavyD as well. Looks really 😎
Better get to it one of these days since a housing development has been approved along the perimeter of the drag strip and Freedom Factory. Once those homes are there, you know it's only a matter of time before both are shut down.

Yeah I saw that vid as well when he was eluding to the development. It is amazing that people will by a property and then whine about the noise from a track or airport or fill in the blank. You know what you get into but these entitled idiots know no bounds.... :dirtdog

Yep. There are all kinds of idiots who've purchased properties near the busy airport in Scottsdale. They're all explicitly told why the property is cheaper than others. They still sign the dotted lines and complain about the noise. Many petitions over the decades have been started and have gone nowhere. That airport is vital to Scottsdale. No amount of money is going to get it shut down. I doubt that's how things will play out in Bradenton.

His house is under contract. He plans to build a new home further in the boonies. There is now a huge golf course along the perimeter of his house, which is about a mile away from the Freedom Factory and his shop.

Back on track... Have you seen the new RB car?? Looks awesome and rumor has it that it is wicked fast, more so than last year's vehicle which was so dominant that RB won 21 out of 22 races..... Hopefully it is also reliable.. Time will tell...

I have! How much do you think RB are sandbagging at the moment? Will Ferrari be able to compete this time around? Will Mercedes' engineers keep telling Hambone he doesn't know what he's talking about and keep going in the other direction?

Saw the Netflix special and yes Hamilton made a point of being ignored... Not good for him and the team.
7 times worldchampion isn't enough for the stubborn Germans to listen too I guess....:lol3
I think RB is def holding back until the race starts. For Ferrari's sake and their drivers I hope Maranello has their sh^t together as many mistakes during pitstops were made as well. Reliability of Stellantis products is also questionable IMHO :deal

I personally like watching Ferrari implode. I've never really cared much for the prancing horse's arrogance. The problem over there isn't the quality of drivers. It's their executive level management.

Well it would be interesting if Pagani was interested in building a f1 car with all those rules and stipulations in place. IMHO I doubt he wants to be so regulated in his designs as his cars are outrageously cool and unrestrained.

Top Bottom Back Refresh