What's new

Just wanna ride...

Joan and I rode about 150 miles today, with around 100 of that in Custer State Park. Nice weather, light traffic (it's getting to be that time of year). Not much activity on the Wildlife Loop, but the riding was good...

I almost titled that blog post "Getting a piece of tail," but that seemed a bit suggestive, even for me.

I shot photos with one of my 360 cameras - a preview...

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

I got another ride on Iron Mountain Road in this morning. I don't need another video of it, but our time here is getting short and I know I won't have great roads like this for a while. Hope you've enjoyed the "Black Hills posts" this summer... the riding has been great!

https://captnjim.blogspot.com/2022/09/every-ride-is-different.html

And a few stills...

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Sharing the road...

[IMG]

As we start our packing up process, I expect each ride I get may be the last while we're here. I got a delightful ride on Needles Highway this morning - the fall colors are just starting to turn. The colors here aren't like in the Midwest or out East: the dominant tree species here is the Ponderosa Pine, with a smattering of Aspen... the Aspen go from green to yellow to gone. It happens pretty fast, depending on the weather. But, I did get to see the start of the fall colors this morning...
https://captnjim.blogspot.com/2022/09/its-worth-1000-words.html
A few photos (there are a bunch on that link above)...
[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Rolling through Needles Eye Tunnel...
[IMG]

Down to 3 days.

Really, I keep expecting each ride now to be the last one while we're here; but, we are ahead of schedule with getting the motorhome and cargo trailer ready to roll, so this morning Joan said, "If you want to get a ride in, this would be a good time." Who am I to argue? Iron Mountain Road keeps calling my name.

https://captnjim.blogspot.com/2022/09/go-for-ride.html

Here's a "short"...

And a few stills...

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

That's a wrap - the bikes are strapped down in the cargo trailer, and we'll hit the road tomorrow.

I already miss the great riding. (sigh)

That's a wrap - the bikes are strapped down in the cargo trailer, and we'll hit the road tomorrow.

I already miss the great riding. (sigh)
I can't like that post. I'd be pretty depressed to be leaving. Do you think you will go back again next year or try some place different?

I can't like that post. I'd be pretty depressed to be leaving. Do you think you will go back again next year or try some place different?
The seasons are changing - while I would probably ride there until the snow flies, it's time to move on. The Blonde is ready to get back home. Making her happy makes me happy. I'm looking forward to spending a few days with my brother-in-law (the last of my immediate family). My music partner has been holding a project until I get back home.

Now, as far as going back to the Black Hills next year... yeah, I'd be up for that. The situation just works so well for us; not to mention that Mother Nature was kind to us this year. When we have discussed other options in the past, we keep coming back to: the good riding starts right outside the RV resort, any direction you choose. And being member/owners in that resort makes it really affordable. And, did I mention: the riding? :-)

We've been home for just over a month. Riding most days, but I sure do miss the fun roads from the Black Hills. Today, I took Joan's Xmax out for run...

Xmax.jpg

It's been quiet on this forum, so hoping to get things rolling again.

For a bit more scooter content: I filled up the tank on that scoot today: 100.4 mpg. That scoot continues to impress. Although, I expect that number to drop, as that tank was the last of the non-ethanol gas... only the crappy ethanol-laced stuff around here.

Did I ever mention that the roads in the Tropical Tip are flat? And straight?

But... riding!

Been a while since I posted here - got out on my wife's Xmax today here in the Tropical Tip. I set up a 360 camera for grins and made a short (1 minute and 48 seconds) video...

Back in the Black Hills. It will be a week tomorrow. I (we) have been riding as Mother Nature cooperates... been hailed on twice in the last 48 hours (no obvious damage). After 45 minutes of hail yesterday, the Blonde said, "I hope you enjoy your riding here this summer - I don't think I can do this again." I get that.

We'll be making a move to Arizona after we get back to Texas from this trip... so, there will be other options to explore.

Off to Sturgis today, in what seems like the first non-rainy day in a while...

14Bikes.jpg

10BudweiserGirlsSameAs11.jpg

12Chopper.jpg

It's going to take me a while to wade through the video clips.

Top Bottom Back Refresh