What's new

Need a new project, BMW K75 "K"afe?

Solve the Russia sanction issue.......This in Black???
1656905393386.png

+1 ^^^^^

and add a telever front end ?

Last edited:
According to DIY bikes and DIY Vehicles a solar charger is not practical. BUT, they never take into account multi-day camping. It is definitely a concept worthy of consideration!

Oh, and I recently purchased an apartment in Portimao, Algarve, Portugal, which has 340 days of sun. So a serious consideration!
Years ago a friend was a salesman at a VW dealership. The cars showed up with a solar panel about the size of a sheet of notebook paper. They were plugged in to the cigarette lighter to maintain the batteries while they sat on the lot. Every car came with one, but they didn't let the customers keep them or send them back to the factory. Trashed em.

My buddy started saving them and selling them for $10 a pop a motorcycle swap meets. Apparently they worked really well because he left that job over 10 years ago and STILL gets asked about those panels. Guys are bummed that they are having to buy battery tenders now. So, apparently VW had the good stuff at one point, if only you could figure out what they were.

That is the current plan! Something like this.
hellgate-bmw-k75-6-1024x672 (1).jpg
Go JEEP style stripped out minimalist style is certainly the way to go with a K bike, a sort of polar oposite to the Plastique Fantastique Base bike. Everything not needed to function needs selling, and Any must have parts need hiding, and where aplicable swaping out for lighter smaller stuff. Lots of thought into loosing weight IMO. Even switch gear Centralise everything you can . The bars want to be free of clutter where possible. A Descreet semi concealed IGN/ start button and Light switch. A turn signal switch and main and dip if your fitting lights the throtle and leaver purches etc wants to be it on the bars with in bar wiring hide everything you can.
All this is my idea of minimal, and again my opinion is the cafe racer thing as been done to death on K bikes , and the little top half fairng is more imediately post cafe racer period, i would go naked very naked. A vibe of say a cafe/ straightliner / fighter, and run straight bars and a ninja 600R seat cowl or arpilia RS125, Hide everyhing you can in there out of sight. IMO "OUT OF SIGHT IS OUT OF MIND" and People want to look at this and think how the hell is that thing running and riding. Go lighter components, and always remember if its not thee at all it wont weigh anything. JEEP "Just enough essential parts".

Yeah this is a bit more of what I was thinking, Kind of a cafe adventure bike if you will, minimalist and offroadable :ricky

Its actually pretty similar to what I am working towards with an old wrecked daytona 675 that I've got
I would love to do this. The issue is the rear wheel would cost half the cost of all the other parts, and the front would require a completely new set of forks and triple trees, plus a wheel, so another $500 plus. For a 91K mile bike it just doesn't make sense.

Spent a couple of hours tearing it down. Mostly it came apart pretty easily, but being a top of the line touring bike, it had a sound system, an added CB and other electronic crap. It is going to take some time to cut out all the unneeded wiring.

mtQvEN.jpg
b4rv81.jpg
vsH4qE.jpg
jW9lg9.jpg
VTdku7.jpg
T6F2YZ.jpg
RanTsH.jpg
43SDXD.jpg

Lots of parts to sell off.
UPpJYc.jpg
DbofVe.jpg
TJDTni.jpg

Lot's of crap to clean out too. I hate it when people leave the intake open.
QWXJUA.jpg

Mocked up the headlight and mount. Needs a bit of tweaking. Makes the instrument look HUGE. But I am likely going with a cafe racer fairing to hide it.
16PXuZ.jpg
EbrWjk.jpg
b5Utih.jpg

Some creative trimming on the old front fender might work as a instrument cowl.

Top Bottom Back Refresh