What's new

Need a new project, BMW K75 "K"afe?

Consider this jvb. Push that fairing and headlight forward about 6-8 inches and keep low. Really low. Bring the instrument cluster too and lower even more from where it is now.

With the fairing forward and the short(ish) seat, that k-bike will look like it's already out-running it's own wheels!

Consider this jvb. Push that fairing and headlight forward about 6-8 inches and keep low. Really low. Bring the instrument cluster too and lower even more from where it is now.

With the fairing forward and the short(ish) seat, that k-bike will look like it's already out-running it's own wheels!
I think it would really throw off the proportions if I did that. Look a little too much like this:
1658093005784.png

Took the big step and cut off the rear frame, after I welded on the hoop and added reinforcement tabs.

DSNBSo.jpg
JDZ9oV.jpg
Y0F6hR.jpg
7YYhcr.jpg
VRK5C0.jpg
SBiN9l.jpg
LtGdVE.jpg
Z7WQLI.jpg
ibyPYC.jpg
hJAvMr.jpg

Then put on the tank and seat to see how they play together.
oX8mSv.jpg
hCe3UL.jpg
aJqSTN.jpg
SOSfr1.jpg
FEuq8T.jpg
mycyzt.jpg
qC45Uh.jpg

Sharp eyes will note that my welding is not great, but it has improved dramatically. Fortunately none of it is structural.

I'm liking how it is coming along. Note that the muffler and rear foot peg brackets are not long for this world either.

Minor work done today. Trimmed the inner fender to match the hoop. It should keep the crap off the rest of the internals. I hate wide open as it limits riding.
ZsxXGb.jpg
GviDSp.jpg
r0TEEV.jpg

Trying to decide where to put the license plate. Note the light will not be here.
qX1mqg.jpg

Not sure about your Construction and use / lighting laws over there. But we don't need lights here, if not fitted at MOT you get the test anyway, its refereed too loosely here as a daytime MOT, but in effect they can not test lights if not fitted.
What about incorporating the light into the lower edge of the seat hump. and mount the plate touching the tube hoop lower edge.
I once saw a CB750 cafe fighter with a section of citroen C3 tail light cut and mounted into the hump, and it looked like it was made that way the profile was near perfect.

Not sure about your Construction and use / lighting laws over there. But we don't need lights here, if not fitted at MOT you get the test anyway, its refereed too loosely here as a daytime MOT, but in effect they can not test lights if not fitted.
What about incorporating the light into the lower edge of the seat hump. and mount the plate touching the tube hoop lower edge.
I once saw a CB750 cafe fighter with a section of citroen C3 tail light cut and mounted into the hump, and it looked like it was made that way the profile was near perfect.
Here we don't technically need turn signals, though I always have them. Our inspections in Virginia are some of the strictest in the US, but many inspectors do not really understand how to do a bike, so we get away with some things. The tail like/brake light will be an LED strip on the back of the seat hump. I am struggling with the lopsided license plate holder. I don't think there is enough clearance to put it below the seat.

Will you put the turn signals in the open ends of the cut off frame? :hmmmmm
I'm guessing you have no intention of adding a 'scraper' at the back. BTW, is there a proper name for those things? You know, the rain catcher floating above the rear tire in place of a fender.

I've never welded anything and I'm not an engineer, so take this with three grains of salt ... Does the 'seat loop' need some reinforcement to strengthen the vertical axis?

Top Bottom Back Refresh