What's new

Need a new project, BMW K75 "K"afe?

I was thinking about an angle for the tag below the seat, so they could "kinda" see it. Maybe could angle it enough to miss the tire compression.

Here I am trying to give you ideas about how to build a bike and you have forgotten more about motorcycles than I'll ever know !! I probably should shut up just watch !! :dirtdog:-)

Will you put the turn signals in the open ends of the cut off frame? :hmmmmm
I'm guessing you have no intention of adding a 'scraper' at the back. BTW, is there a proper name for those things? You know, the rain catcher floating above the rear tire in place of a fender.

I've never welded anything and I'm not an engineer, so take this with three grains of salt ... Does the 'seat loop' need some reinforcement to strengthen the vertical axis?
Yes, the turn signals will go in the ends of the cut off frame.

There will be no pressure on the hoop other than the bit of plastic on the seat. The seat will be reinforced by 1/4" ABS and a metal frame.

The rain guard, possum scraper, will not be installed on this bike, though I may reconsider as a license plate mount.

I was thinking about an angle for the tag below the seat, so they could "kinda" see it. Maybe could angle it enough to miss the tire compression.

Here I am trying to give you ideas about how to build a bike and you have forgotten more about motorcycles than I'll ever know !! I probably should shut up just watch !! :dirtdog:-)

Maybe even a little flatter.
I'm always open to ideas so keep them coming.

It would look something like this:
20220726_181040 copy.jpg

I suppose you've seen this?

38981-302_ninet_urban_gs_01_1500_web.jpg

I suppose you've seen this?

38981-302_ninet_urban_gs_01_1500_web.jpg

Yeah, I could make one if it comes to that. It would be a bit tricky to bolt on though.
20220704_152119.jpg

:hmmmmm
I'm guessing you have no intention of adding a 'scraper' at the back. BTW, is there a proper name for those things? You know, the rain catcher floating above the rear tire in place of a fender.
Not sure if its the right term exactly, but i always call and hear them called over here. Abbreviated Hugger.

I sometimes think being a slave to symitry can get in the way of my thinking practically.
Think bobber and go low down and to one side with the plate and light. remember its a lop sided bike anyway with its drive tube arm and one shock.
What about making a hinge style that will not only move if it bumps into things, but hinge to face sideways when parked etc. Good thing about a side mounted plate layout you get to have a decent size back light (one of the cheap retro Stop type lights perhaps) and keep the back of the seat clean and uncluttered.

More new goodies came in, side covers, air filter and clutch cable.

Sharp minds will recall my attempt to replicate the side covers. I lost confidence, so ordered some.
C2Qlu3.jpg
5yQTTQ.jpg

Temp mounted the mid-pipe and muffler:
gtCc8k.jpg

I thought the passenger peg mount was to heavy looking, so:
J92k6F.jpg

Then remounted the muffler and mid-pipe:
mxSpqn.jpg

Better, but now need a mount for the muffler.
1HTi3g.jpg
tOrgJ3.jpg
mxSpqn.jpg

This works.

Lastly, still working on where to put the plate.
YDVxxI.jpg
AMjWlc.jpg

More new goodies came in, side covers, air filter and clutch cable.

Sharp minds will recall my attempt to replicate the side covers. I lost confidence, so ordered some.
C2Qlu3.jpg
5yQTTQ.jpg

Temp mounted the mid-pipe and muffler:
gtCc8k.jpg

I thought the passenger peg mount was to heavy looking, so:
J92k6F.jpg

Then remounted the muffler and mid-pipe:
mxSpqn.jpg

Better, but now need a mount for the muffler.
1HTi3g.jpg
tOrgJ3.jpg
mxSpqn.jpg

This works.

Lastly, still working on where to put the plate.
YDVxxI.jpg
AMjWlc.jpg
drive shaft sideGets my vote for what its worth, that side is cluttered up anyway the other is cleanish, and again IMO dont worry about it looking uniform. its function .. form is secondary especially when that girl has a mole on that side makes seance to keep at least one pretty side.

Spent a silly amount of time organizing my garage to get my portable lift free and set up.
Su1i9h.jpg

Pulled the bike out of the shop and put it on the lift, then shoved the lift, with the bike on it, back into the shop.
IlLIV4.jpg
RxM7Sw.jpg

Then spent some time vacuuming out the yuck from the airbox, and the rest of the bike.
svqHJs.jpg
zuM18a.jpg
UVrR63.jpg

Sharp eyes may have noticed the destroyed intake pipe. It was frozen on the airbox and required destruction to remove.

7qomtA.jpg

Top Bottom Back Refresh