What's new

Need a new project, BMW K75 "K"afe?

What about ditching the stock clocks, for a charge light bulb and a bracket for a detachable phone mount / phone for indicating speed. .

Looking good. Where did you get the seat? It doesn't look like a cheapo eBay or AliExpress unit.

That's a nice score and I will follow along. I picked up a similar 1987 K75C two years ago for $1500 with the intention of flipping it but my son fell in love with it and the rest is history.

It is now his daily rider in the summer months and I didn't make a dime on it. Oh well.

1657821684051.png

That's a nice score and I will follow along. I picked up a similar 1987 K75C two years ago for $1500 with the intention of flipping it but my son fell in love with it and the rest is history.

It is now his daily rider in the summer months and I didn't make a dime on it. Oh well.

1657821684051.png
Nice bike, tons of potential!

Lots of wiring to minimize:grim. Wires are not my favorite aspect of bike mending i will openly admit that. I have been known to mask my lack of patience by breaking up the sessions in to lots of short ones often pre cursed with copious amounts of Newcastle brown ale before after and even during sometimes.

I find Pink floyds" Any color you like":lol2 helps ease the pain and reduces the cost of the swear box payments.
(Only joking but not a lot, i don't like wires period:lol2).

Hi Jim, I've enjoyed watching your builds, nice work! You take things to the next level and it always turns out nice. I've rehab'd some old dirt bikes because they're relatively easy, ride them for a season and then move them along. You're running in a different league with your projects!:thumb Looking forward to watching this one. Here's a pic of a basket case '87 Honda XL600R I built up out of a box of parts.
20220310_140909.jpg

Lots of wiring to minimize:grim. Wires are not my favorite aspect of bike mending i will openly admit that. I have been known to mask my lack of patience by breaking up the sessions in to lots of short ones often pre cursed with copious amounts of Newcastle brown ale before after and even during sometimes.

I find Pink floyds" Any color you like":lol2 helps ease the pain and reduces the cost of the swear box payments.
(Only joking but not a lot, i don't like wires period:lol2).

I've torn out most of the very substantial ABS wiring, and am working on the rest. I will post a pile photo when done. I'm more partial to this song!

Hi Jim, I've enjoyed watching your builds, nice work! You take things to the next level and it always turns out nice. I've rehab'd some old dirt bikes because they're relatively easy, ride them for a season and then move them along. You're running in a different league with your projects!:thumb Looking forward to watching this one. Here's a pic of a basket case '87 Honda XL600R I built up out of a box of parts.
20220310_140909.jpg
Thanks for the kind words. I try to just be enough different to stand out and not look like everyone's else's! Nice bike!

Removed the instrument mount to lower the instruments. I will make a new mount to position it about where it is.
CObxLN.jpg
qfS572.jpg

Sharp eyes might notice new clip-ons. I'll remove the controls, and old bar and riser, and move them to the clip-ons next.

I put the fairing on and think it will work, except for the lower parts. They will need trimming unless I don't want to turn, at all.
tRhPkD.jpg
HEbI40.jpg

I have some ideas for the fairing parts I will remove. :jjen

Top Bottom Back Refresh