What's new

Need a new project, BMW K75 "K"afe?

I appreciate all the interesting, and occasionally odd, responses. I am definitely tired of doing normal, or near normal, projects. The Vespa being definitely abbynormal!

I saw some that looked interesting, and I really want to do a Triumph TR7 or VW project, but no space for a car at the moment.

I'm giving serious thought to some kind of adventure scooter. Now to find something suitable. I am considering a Ruckus, but it has to be the 250, so harder to find. Not sure I want a high plastic scooter, and definitely not a two-stroke!

Suggestions?
How about an old CT90? I have two in the works.
A stockish runner that is mostly as one would have been BITD.

_nc_ohc=SeSi-W_zXXUAX8nn9D1&_nc_ht=scontent-yyz1-1.jpg

And a nothing-will-be-stock exercise in assembling parts from different bikes just lying around in the shop.

20171015_154657.jpg

Sean :ricky

The process is similar to the US, with some additional documents needed. Not very hard really. I recommend hiring a local Lawyer to check documents and ensure title clearances.

Nice views:
zhTjGf.jpg
RuzmNC.jpg
tXnDmy.jpg
XosCru.jpg
bYT8rm.jpg

A short walk to the Promenade and the beach.

That's beautiful!

I'm about as creative as a rock so I don't have any unique suggestions for a project. There's been a lot of great ideas proposed by others, however I really like ZoomerP's idea of a unusual engine swap. How about a boxer scooter?

According to DIY bikes and DIY Vehicles a solar charger is not practical. BUT, they never take into account multi-day camping. It is definitely a concept worthy of consideration!

Oh, and I recently purchased an apartment in Portimao, Algarve, Portugal, which has 340 days of sun. So a serious consideration!
Were you able to figure out a way to do a 1031 exchange in and out?
That has been the biggest stumbling block for my wife and I buying out of country propert.

Were you able to figure out a way to do a 1031 exchange in and out?
That has been the biggest stumbling block for my wife and I buying out of country propert.
I don't think that applies to us as we are not selling another property. This is purely an investment property and all earnings will stay in our bank in Portugal. My wife has another apartment there near Lisbon. That said, it is certainly a future consideration once we retire and sell our house in the USA.

I would go clasique Bobberesque but go for a classic style but keep the stock wheels and not go quite as bobbed rear frame as this one but otherwise similar but with some frame under seat and rear fender area.
1656883123489.png

Top Bottom Back Refresh