What's new

Rant About Your Day Here!

I didn't go for that crap. I went for the Legos, hot & new video game demo display consoles, video game magazines, and demo power wheels. I remember some years back when they were having their "going out of business" sale and seeing the prices matching those of Malwart and Target. A sale my ass!

I grew up with Legos when they just had the blocks and not many technical things like they do now. I also had a Meccano set that I build lots of things with as well. And then there was my (dad's :D) prized Marklin train set.
I'm old enough to remember when Pong came out and never got into gaming like kids these days. I had to use my own imagination and not someone else's to play... :deal What a concept! :lol2

I got into gaming when the NES came out with the dual game cartridge with Super Mario Bros and Duck Hunt, which also came with a light gun. Then I discovered Contra, Ninja Gaiden, and the rest is history.

Christmas was originally a pagan holiday.
You might be familiar already, but if not go Google "Christmas Mushrooms" and go down that rabbit hole.

5bebe13dc4777a18b8dfba42593e1144.png

I got into gaming when the NES came out with the dual game cartridge with Super Mario Bros and Duck Hunt, which also came with a light gun. Then I discovered Contra, Ninja Gaiden, and the rest is history.
Bayou Billy on NES was pure hell for me as a kid. I legit still get angry thinking about it.

Duck Hunt still feels like pure magic. Amazing time to be a kid.

Bayou Billy on NES was pure hell for me as a kid. I legit still get angry thinking about it.

Duck Hunt still feels like pure magic. Amazing time to be a kid.
Never played that game. BattleToads was one of those games I couldn't beat then and sure as shit won't be able to get through the third level (of Hell) this day and age. Ninja Gaiden is another game that had my number. I could never beat those dual gargoyles. AVGN's rage on that game matched mine.

I got kicked out of a cult once too. And by “cult” I actually mean high school.
Man, that's reminded me of getting kicked out of middle school. Hadn't thought about it ages. It was a private "Christian" school, so kinda fitting with the current vibe.

I don't blame for giving me the boot, though. A buddy and me had some hustles going. He had one of those baseball card three ring binders with the pages made just for baseball cards. We cut individual pictures out of Playboy's and hid them between cards. $1 each, $5 if you wanted the centerfold. You'd never guess the pictures were hiding between the cards if you didn't know, so it was safe carrying that thing around and "loaning" it out with the teachers around. Take it home, put your money in the slot you took a picture from and bring back the next day. I was selling dip and cigarettes, $5 a can or pack. Late '80's , we were making a fortune.

I got busted when someone saw the tobacco store inside my locker and I wouldn't snitch on my buddy with the baseball cards 😁 They made me go.

So, what'd you do to get kicked out of high school?

Setting off a smoke bomb in the ventilation system of the auditorium. Getting caught fighting up in the lighting scaffold of the auditorium. Come to think of it, drama class had a lot of drama!
Too funny as it was just a smoke bomb...

My friend and I almost got tossed out because of the damage we caused to a classroom wall when we fired our crossbow made with a trailer leave spring in shop class. The rebar bolt fortunately didn't go through the second concrete wall as it was a blunt arrow. Had we sharpened it, the story would have been different... Our teacher was sufficiently impressed with our creation but we did have to repair the wall on our dime... My dad wasn't pleased with the result but appreciated the workmanship...:lol3 My friend's dad just rolled his eyes as he had been there before with his other two kids...:imaposer

Today I took my 120MpH, $13,000, grocery-getter around the neighbor hood running errands and I pretty sure I wore off 2 miles of rubber from the tires and burnt up a whole cup full of gas. And that was still better than using the car.
Life is good.
One of the many reasons I sold my car. Riding is so much better.

Most of the people here are from some Philly Riders Discord server. Was talking to some girl for a few moments until her boyfriend rolled up. She didn't mention anything about having a man. The conversation definitely carried way too long. That's on her for failing to make mention she's taken. She rides a KTM 390 Duke. The dude is on a clapped out death trap of a Yamaha R1.

One dingleberry stalled their overpowered bike in the middle of an intersection, while I was still about 1,000ft behind them, approaching fairly quick. He got it started and stalled it again. I stopped behind him as a means to block traffic. The dude was in a full panic and losing his shit. The bike was too much for his beginner ass. There were lots of those yesterday evening along with the HD dorks with their insanely loud sound system because they thought everybody wanted to hear War, REO Speedwagon, or Puff Daddy. There were a couple dudes playing that god awful Reggaeton shit.

Girl and her dude left shortly before I did. From what I could tell, she rides way better than he does. Hopefully he doesn't have too much riding influence over her. It would be a shame to see a promising rider get all kinds of screwed up because the boyfriend can't ride for shit and has jackshit to offer in guidance.

I just got off the phone with a customer who was complaining about receipts not printing correctly, after 10 minutes we determined she was incorrectly operating a power switch to get the result she needed.
Saved me 6 hours drive time and almost a $1500 bill for them.

Day ain't over yet.

Top Bottom Back Refresh