What's new

Rant About Your Day Here!

Seems like we're always getting reminded about how we're ruining the environment, to the point that plastic straws make headlines, but you see this stuff everywhere. Plastic tub, plastic lid, separate plastic label glued on with whatever resin...even a little plastic on the handle for comfort. As if you're gonna get a blister toting this little thing to the front of the store.

What's wrong with the cardboard boxes with the info printed directly on the box that we used to get? Who's gluing themselves to the highway about this and 99% of everything else that stuck inside those retarded blister packs?

You unwashed plebs with your fuel burning vehicles are ruining everything.
IMG_20240418_134015015.jpg

Seems like we're always getting reminded about how we're ruining the environment, to the point that plastic straws make headlines, but you see this stuff everywhere. Plastic tub, plastic lid, separate plastic label glued on with whatever resin...even a little plastic on the handle for comfort. As if you're gonna get a blister toting this little thing to the front of the store.

What's wrong with the cardboard boxes with the info printed directly on the box that we used to get? Who's gluing themselves to the highway about this and 99% of everything else that stuck inside those retarded blister packs?

You unwashed plebs with your fuel burning vehicles are ruining everything.
IMG_20240418_134015015.jpg
It's probably cheaper and automated to package, if it gets wet it won't fall apart like cardboard, and best of all making the packaging from plastic saves trees. :D

We all have to do our part. I don’t throw any straws in the trash. Anyone caught throwing straws away has to put a quarter in the save the turtles jar. I have a separate pail that we collect the straws in and I burn them in the yard when it gets full.
So your tradeoff for saving turtles is creating toxic air pollution?

I just watched a skit from Jimmy Kimmel from last night on YouTube....

I learned that John Stamos played a character on the show Full House.....

Named Uncle Jesse.

I didn't need to know that.

Whats worse, much worse, is that I just googled Uncle Jesse to find a picture to add to this post, I had to scroll down, and down, and down and down, and down some more before I found the 1Real Uncle Jesse.

I never needed to know this, I need another beer.

Attachments

• Dh_uncle_jesse.jpg
    Dh_uncle_jesse.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 3
But trees are a renewable resources and cardboard boxes biodegrading is the whole point 😁 The logic doesn't logic.
I have never in my life seen waste as dimensional lumber. We literally change the weather to mill lumber for mansions and pavilions. Or some paneling.

Carbon is a joke. Some dumbass thinks co2 makes up a sizable percent of the atmosphere. There is to much life sucking up the carbon and then dieing. Leaving behind nasty poisonous fatty oil compounds. These need to be burned for more life. Terra preta covers one whole continent. This allowed life to grow so much it covered history. Just a cycle.

But rezoning land before massive forest fires does intrigue me.....

I have never in my life seen waste as dimensional lumber. We literally change the weather to mill lumber for mansions and pavilions. Or some paneling.

Carbon is a joke. Some dumbass thinks co2 makes up a sizable percent of the atmosphere. There is to much life sucking up the carbon and then dieing. Leaving behind nasty poisonous fatty oil compounds. These need to be burned for more life. Terra preta covers one whole continent. This allowed life to grow so much it covered history. Just a cycle.

But rezoning land before massive forest fires does intrigue me.....
I try to keep an open mind and with everyone taking about CO2 levels being out of control I started reading up.

Turns out, according to the climate scientists, that our atmosphere is currently 0.04% CO2. At 0.02% plant life dies. No plant life = no food for any living things. So 0.03% is the minimum amount of CO2 that we need to support biological life on Earth.

Interesting fact about CO2 and salt water...our oceans consume 1/3 of the CO2 in the air and dissolves it in to the salt water to support marine life.

So all life on land and in the sea depends on it to exist, and we're currently at 0.01% above life threatening levels. Perhaps we should making more?

Basically, if you really loved turtles you'd be riding a two stroke is all I'm trying to say.

Back to my original rant. The LTL drivers really are getting dumber by the second. Of course the driver today didn’t have a pallet jack so we lifted ours up for him. The guy actually tried to lift the pallet by pumping the release lever on the handle! What the absolute f#ck?! How does any truck driver not know how to use a pallet jack?

It’s an important lesson though. Long gone are the days when truckers were the safe and experienced drivers on the roads.
State of the industry today. The very people who couldn't hold a job in fast food or retail are now getting their CDL since they think trucking doesn't require any actual work or thinking. Boy, they're wrong! Trucking companies these days don't want to pay livable wages and the clowns you deal with are the result. When they state "competitive wages," I always ask, "competitive to whom? McDonalds?" Recruiters always go silent and say something to the effect of, "well, I suppose you won't be a good fit here!" I won't. I won't tolerate low ass wages from companies who think it's still the 1980s. Yes, they don't have problems finding drivers. Problem is they're always complaining about the quality and constant turnover. Top wages and bennies will always attract top tier candidates. Goes back to the original point of companies not wanting to pay for quality. They get what they deserve.

I try to keep an open mind and with everyone taking about CO2 levels being out of control I started reading up.

Turns out, according to the climate scientists, that our atmosphere is currently 0.04% CO2. At 0.02% plant life dies. No plant life = no food for any living things. So 0.03% is the minimum amount of CO2 that we need to support biological life on Earth.

Interesting fact about CO2 and salt water...our oceans consume 1/3 of the CO2 in the air and dissolves it in to the salt water to support marine life.

So all life on land and in the sea depends on it to exist, and we're currently at 0.01% above life threatening levels. Perhaps we should making more?

Basically, if you really loved turtles you'd be riding a two stroke is all I'm trying to say.
Well said and very true. Any one who knows tree rings...knows every last tree was burned 100s of years ago. Only a few giants escaped. And all traces of anything including brick kilns is now under more life.

I am going to push button start the 2 smoker...I thought I was too tired

State of the industry today. The very people who couldn't hold a job in fast food or retail are now getting their CDL since they think trucking doesn't require any actual work or thinking. Boy, they're wrong! Trucking companies these days don't want to pay livable wages and the clowns you deal with are the result. When they state "competitive wages," I always ask, "competitive to whom? McDonalds?" Recruiters always go silent and say something to the effect of, "well, I suppose you won't be a good fit here!" I won't. I won't tolerate low ass wages from companies who think it's still the 1980s. Yes, they don't have problems finding drivers. Problem is they're always complaining about the quality and constant turnover. Top wages and bennies will always attract top tier candidates. Goes back to the original point of companies not wanting to pay for quality. They get what they deserve.
I just do my work for the adrenaline. When they piss me off not even $1000 an hr would cut it. I walked up and cut the throttle on the edger today...I should have done it sooner. My freaking heart was about to explode. So I feel drastically underpaid when I changed the system of 3 guys to 2 guys. But my help never shows up so now one guy sticks and stacks massive lumber....about to say fuck it and go ride...and laugh my ass off when 3 guys turn it into a job security mess. This is how I paid for my 1st retirement. They paid me 50% more to come back to the trailer shop after it went to shit. Could be a sound tech for a band or something and wait it out. Or shit a boat pilots license would get rid of the inmate to cdl deal the jails have that have put more dangerous truck drivers on the road than ever.

Or shit a boat pilots license would get rid of the inmate to cdl deal the jails have that have put more dangerous truck drivers on the road than ever.
That is the other serious issue. It used to be a rumor about Western Express and where they found their idiotic unqualified drivers. Now it's been confirmed. All one has to do is a search on the interwebz and insert "CDL instructor prison" in the search bar and you'll see the results light up. There are federal prisons actively recruiting CDL instructors. The state prisons in AZ have their own food service delivery drivers. The job pays insanely well due to the on-the-job hazards of dealing with inmates. I still wouldn't take it because those fuckers have nothing better to do than watch people and figure them out.

The supposed driver shortage never existed. It's a pay and respect shortage.
I'm sure that's true for most new drivers but the guy today looked like wherever he came from didn't have fast food or retail...

ENGLISH, MOTHERFUCKER, DID HE SPEAK IT?! :)
Name the shitty company the driver worked for.

That is the other serious issue. It used to be a rumor about Western Express and where they found their idiotic unqualified drivers. Now it's been confirmed. All one has to do is a search on the interwebz and insert "CDL instructor prison" in the search bar and you'll see the results light up. There are federal prisons actively recruiting CDL instructors. The state prisons in AZ have their own food service delivery drivers. The job pays insanely well due to the on-the-job hazards of dealing with inmates. I still wouldn't take it because those fuckers have nothing better to do than watch people and figure them out.

Well check pilots license. Driving a boat is the funnest and most challenging thing I have ever done. And it is so serious that no one but the best can do it. Heavy loads, current,time table, danger, safety..I have seen 1000s try and only a few get it. Your record could probably win over some tourist launch down here where you might score on some 50 something hottie that has plenty of money and needs a stable dude. The rant sounds like mine or any other genx bmx/skate badass. We never got respect then or now...we just lived to tell about it. And woke up to some shit fucked reality where logic does not logic. Makes you wonder how much other bs there is

Man I wish I had a pic of a Lancy truck. Dam we were all drooling over the rig yesterday. I think if I high fived everyone saying dam is that a badass truck...the rig was that nice. Wow! Tint, massive sun visor big chrome stacks, tuned up motor with a low boy hauling the smallest order ever. Plus he chilled on the yard for 30 mins. Prettiest rig I have seen yet...no yahoo is driving that shit. Decent wages, less stress, more pride..lower cost of living and you might fish and BBQ with the owner. Tight group for outsiders but big smiles work

Barely.

I'm not sure what the company name was but they are basically a no name. The shipper is responsible for the freight. Shortly before my original rant about the drivers is when they switched to these random carriers through some sort of bidding system. I'm not sure if it's been the same company but it's been a different driver every time.

I gotta say though that the shipments get here in far better shape than tEstes or Saia would manage.

After we were done I saw the guy walking to the dumpster with two empty jugs of oil so I went and snapped a quick pic under the hood. I wouldn't doubt if he gets a surprise next time he hits the washer fluid switch. :lol3
View attachment 75583

I mean the guy seriously couldn't operate a pallet jack. He was pumping the little lever expecting it to lift the pallet! :imaposer🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
View attachment 75584
What type of flip-flops was he wearing, and did his truck have his country's flag hanging from the upper part of the windshield? Probably some Chicagoland based carrier. They're primarily East Bloc owned firms.

With that said, Estes and Saia hire out of the moron pool. Had a recruiter at Saia tell me I'm overqualified. Estes copped an attitude with me when I told them OT after 55hrs is downright criminal. OT exemption is for Ag haulers. They don't haul anything Agricultural and are misusing that exemption for their personal benefit. The drivers are to blame due to either being willfully ignorant or just going along because they're too scared to man the fuck up and say something.

What's life as a hazmat driver like?
Over regulated, underpaid, constant worry of DOT wrecking the day at a weigh station or random stop along the roadway, being on high alert for anything, having to sometimes gear up for loading and unloading of stuff, sometimes having to wear a gas mask and rubber one piece for certain types of toxic gases, and adhering to the strict hazmat routes in and around towns as well as certain freeways. Most bulk hazardous materials aren't allowed through the PA Turnpike tunnels unless the company has an exemption for some reason. Some non-bulk haz aren't allowed either due to their chemical nature. No hazmat placarded vehicles are to go through the tunnels in Baltimore. Poison inhalants are always placarded no matter the amount and aren't to be loaded with flammables, corrosives, and some other stuff in the trailer I can't remember off the top of my head.

There was a time hazmat paid pretty well. It doesn't anymore since pretty much everybody has the endorsement these days. Fuel haulers used to pay $2,500 a week. It's not uncommon to hear how "great" the pay is when they say their top drivers earn that amount in a bi-weekly basis. I often ask how long those top earners have been there and how long is the typical work week. Those two things are questions recruiters never want to answer. I ask the drivers whenever I come across them, whether it be Sunoco, Coraluzzo-Torrissi, or BRT. 60+ hours a week and about $2,500, gross, on a bi-weekly basis. That's terrible pay for what they're dealing with! I make half that in 45hrs a week, as a contract driver within FedEx Ground, hauling doubles. Why risk my life when I can do something more simple and have more free time to myself?

That seems like it would royally suck to haul dangerous stuff for a shit company who doesn't want to support you.

How far do you have to take those doubles? Is it always the same route?
308mi round-trip. Same hub 5 nights a week right back to my domicile. I'll take the predictability over having no clue where I'm going next for the rest of the shift. The older Saia and Estes drivers are few and far between anymore. They're on their way out with the changes in upper management. Old Dominion had a fairly recent shakeup in the C-suite and things have been going downhill since.

You should have your sister on here and have her rant about her day and the Doom Day in particular. Is she single? :bmwrider
:lol3

Top Bottom Back Refresh