What's new

+ Week Rocket Science and other Riding Tales

Another set of sweet pics! Great to see somebody on an Indian!
For sure! Thanks for sharing them. The blue sky is amazing.

I love the riding shots. I made a tether for an old point and shoot camera I have but I only used it for one trip last year. I used a retractable security lanyard from an old GoPro point of sale display. I need to give it another try.

How quickly is your camera ready to shoot when you power it up?

Although this group was old guys on huge bikes, they still like to ride the same fun back roads that I prefer.

P3100045bwc.JPG

P3100046wc.JPG

P3100050b.JPG

We did have to deal with traffic as we rode through Fayettville.

P3100058b.JPG

For sure! Thanks for sharing them. The blue sky is amazing.

I love the riding shots. I made a tether for an old point and shoot camera I have but I only used it for one trip last year. I used a retractable security lanyard from an old GoPro point of sale display. I need to give it another try.

How quickly is your camera ready to shoot when you power it up?
It only takes a couple of seconds. The thing that normally takes the longest is grabbing the camera, getting the right grip on it and finding the power button. Sometimes I can do that really quickly and sometimes I'm fiddling around for too long and miss the shot.

It only takes a couple of seconds. The thing that normally takes the longest is grabbing the camera, getting the right grip on it and finding the power button. Sometimes I can do that really quickly and sometimes I'm fiddling around for too long and miss the shot.
Makes sense. Do you use it left or right handed?

The local Cycle Gear had a Bike night yesterday so I went. I need a new rear tire for my Versys so I checked out the tires. They had a special I am considering.

IMG_20240312_165632658_HDR-X2.jpg

I have Michelins on it now but one road 6 rear tire is around $300! I'll have to do some research the Pirelli's as I know nothing about them.

Time to check out the bikes. I thought this 2 stroke was cool!

P3120001.JPG

Note the side stand on the bike. When he left he put the sidestand in a backpack.

Another angle.

P3120002.JPG

There were a fair number of bikes there.

IMG_20240312_182045280_HDR-X2.jpg

I spent much of the night talking to a couple of my friends.

IMG_20240312_182603041_HDR-X2.jpg

The VFR in the pic belongs to a friend. Its for sale if anyone is interested.

The local Cycle Gear had a Bike night yesterday so I went. I need a new rear tire for my Versys so I checked out the tires. They had a special I am considering.

IMG_20240312_165632658_HDR-X2.jpg

I have Michelins on it now but one road 6 rear tire is around $300! I'll have to do some research the Pirelli's as I know nothing about them.

Time to check out the bikes. I thought this 2 stroke was cool!

P3120001.JPG

Note the side stand on the bike. When he left he put the sidestand in a backpack.

Another angle.

P3120002.JPG

There were a fair number of bikes there.

IMG_20240312_182045280_HDR-X2.jpg

I spent much of the night talking to a couple of my friends.

IMG_20240312_182603041_HDR-X2.jpg

The VFR in the pic belongs to a friend. Its for sale if anyone is interested.
Looks like 2T might be Suzuki Titan 500 powered.

A couple more pics along the river with the barge in the background. All three shots were taken from different places.

P3140008p.JPG

P3140011p.JPG

Then I was off for Green Mountain.

P3140014wc.JPG

It's a steep road up the mtn.

P3140015wc.JPG

There are some pretty nice houses on the mountain.

P3140019p.JPG

I planned on going for a ride yesterday morning but it was cloudy, gloomy and cold so I couldn't get motivated. The sun finally broke through the clouds in the afternoon so I headed out around 2. I wanted to see how my Vespa would handle the curves on Crow Mountain and take some pics.

I stopped and took pics on a couple of bridges in Paint Rock Valley.

P3160002.JPG

P3160004.JPG

I rode down Crow mountain on CR33. This was part of the Scooter Cannonball route last year.

P3160007.JPG

Then it was time to ride CR39 up Crow Mountain. This short stretch of road makes the dragon seem like a highway in Kansas. I stopped at one of the easier curves to take some pics.

P3160015.JPG

I picked this curve because there is a good place to park. That's not the case with many of the curves.

Looking the other way.

P3160022.JPG

Once the leaves come in most of the view will go away.

Attachments

• P3160017wc.JPG
    P3160017wc.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 3
Top Bottom Back Refresh