What's new

What did you do in your garage today?

What's that gonna cost for all new tubes and hoses?
Good question. I'll find out tomorrow. May just cut the rusted end of the tubes off and reflare, make the hoses longer to compensate. Or just replace the tunes with hoses, depending on $$. It's not like I'm using it daily to make a living.

Last edited:
Added a Pedal Commander to eliminate the throttle by wire delay of up to 1.5 seconds when driving. Spendy, but worked great on my 2-17 Audi A3 Quatro.
dpI0c3.jpg
zeZSBA.jpg
4z1DbF.jpg
9PVEyn.jpg
l4EEs6.jpg
L1dA8t.jpg
nvUG9h.jpg

Around town the City +43 works great. For hot rodding sport plus is it. Just make sure the car is warmed up to avoid seriously jerky throttle.

801868_bcvbxcxcvbx.jpeg

definitely one of the better feelings in the world.

off the lever of my tractor. heim joint bolt thing snapped off when I hit the lever up for float. new lever is $200. a bit of heat and an easy out got it. new heim on order.

still dealing with the fuel pump in the dad wagon. waiting for that to come in. been dealing with that stupid thing for two weeks now.

801868_bcvbxcxcvbx.jpeg

definitely one of the better feelings in the world.

off the lever of my tractor. heim joint bolt thing snapped off when I hit the lever up for float. new lever is $200. a bit of heat and an easy out got it. new heim on order.

still dealing with the fuel pump in the dad wagon. waiting for that to come in. been dealing with that stupid thing for two weeks now.
You sir, deserve am extra beer, or three!:freaky

Well done.

For smaller screws, I used a Grabit Pro extractor to save a friend after he buggered up the screws on a scope mount on a rifle. He had used an Allen wrench instead of a Torx bit, so there wasn't much of the heads left. A little work with the smallest Grabit and a whack with a punch to break the threads had them out.

Project Farm on YouTube rated them well, and Todd wasn't wrong.

I grabbed the kit from Neiko. I try to use easy outs by hand. I feel like I have a better judgement of the damned thing snapping off. My #1 go to is the welder. I've never had that process fail me. This time it was a brass block with a bushing and the bolt snapped off about 3/4" inside the block. No way to get the welder in there.

I fit some proper Bi Xeron HID projectors in my head lights and installed new fog lights with flood lights.
PXL_20230114_233938339.jpg

20230115_173304-ANIMATION.gif

I can finally see at night.

No pictures, because I've got about 4 very healthy pours of Basil Hayden behind me, and I'm not sure I could post the pictures without screwing it up, but I repurposed the old front door of the new to us house as a desk. Cut to size, dressed up the edges with some poplar I had left over from another project, attached some metal legs I got from Home Despot, ran the router around the edges to dress it up a bit and then 4 or 5 coats of Valspar oil enriched furniture enamel, with a couple of sanding sessions thrown in there as well.

Currently sitting in a warm cozy office with my feet on the aforementioned desk, debating on a 5th pour and reflecting that a year ago this office was a cold damp cellar that routinely flooded with about 2 inches of water in heavy rains.

omg sorting screws is scary... boring and addictive all at the same time... I did 20+lbs of woodscrews from a retired carpenter ONCE, that is, one time only. :D

OTOH, flattened a sheet of 9/32" steel for the top of an outdoor workbench- the base is done and painted but needed the top flat- next is welding on the lugs etc. The compounding lever was a huge win, both putting on the squeeze and taking it off again

small-IMG_20230205_155322.jpg

I offered this HD tool stand up locally for Gratis, Zip, Nada.....

1675647422896.png

One of the neighbors said, wow, that would be great only if it had a metal top so could work on the 90cc pit bike

So wife and I cleaned off the finger brake and shear

1675647602267.png

and made a nice, fitted, removable galvanized top for it

1675647686597.png

Win Win, I get back almost 4 square feet of shop space :1drink

Last edited:
Top Bottom Back Refresh