What's new

What did you do in your garage today?

Last fall my son's WaveRunner took a dump on what was probably the last run of the year anyway. We were able to limp it back to shore with zero compression in one of its three cylinders. I'm finally getting around to working on it, and this is what I found:

2023-03-01 19.17.16.jpg

No smoking gun, but the front seal looked pretty bad. I suspect that caused a lean condition in the front cylinder, followed by excessive heat and finally melted ring landings. It's hard to see in this picture, but the rear piston is not factory and it's bored 0.5mm over. The other two appear to be stock. It's not this engine's first rodeo :).

The bottom end is rebuilt and back together now, and I'm just waiting on the cylinders to come back from the machine shop. No reason I shouldn't have it back together in time for warm weather.

added some thick flat washers and cap screws to the drill table T nuts. 1/2"

mucho better

1678805386067.png

Last edited:
Checked the valve clearance on my WR250R. It was the first time they were checked and at 30K miles all were in tolerance.

Also installed a manual cam chain tensioner to replace the OEM one that that the OEM one rattled like crazy for about 10 seconds at start up.

Been a busy day over here between mid shifts, coworker wanted this tow shackle cerakoted. Took the two biggest wrenches I have to pull apart, thats a 2.5" nut. sand blasted it in the new cabinet and got the purple sprayed, its looking like I may need to wait on the black, I dont think I've got enough, these parts where much bigger than expected :lol3

jetL0AX9-WqLC&_nc_ad=z-m&_nc_cid=0&_nc_ht=scontent.jpg
nc_ohc=weiyf4_ohNkAX_7ZiDh&_nc_ht=scontent.ftul2-1.jpg
4AjQUAX-3hGLP&_nc_ad=z-m&_nc_cid=0&_nc_ht=scontent.jpg
vKFF0AX97z0zc&_nc_ad=z-m&_nc_cid=0&_nc_ht=scontent.jpg

Cutting .220" off one leg of some steel angle, so as to weld a pair of them together and making an adjustable foot w/ roller to support the garage door;

Cut was a single pass- sounded pretty good even though this is a small machine; that cutter was part of a basement cleanout some years ago and is serious business :D

small-IMG_20230313_174710.jpg

It's Super easy, they have a starter kit for a pretty ok price thatll get you going and if you choose their C-series it air cures so no need to annoy the GF/wife with parts in the oven lol also get a respirator its worth it

Love the color :-)

It's Super easy, they have a starter kit for a pretty ok price thatll get you going and if you choose their C-series it air cures so no need to annoy the GF/wife with parts in the oven lol also get a respirator its worth it

were gonna need a link to that no oven kit....

found it

were gonna need a link to that no oven kit....

found it

My bad I didnt even think to include it lol, minus a respirator it wasnt too bad of a kit, lets you experiment with a few colors, you can do an number of brake lever sized parTs with each 4oz bottle. but take that with a grain of salt, I am quite new to the air gun "paint" side of things. I usually just spray paint but with this kit it was significantly easier to lay a decent layer down without having to worry about it running

Curious about the material- how thick does it go down, is the surface prep different than for spraypaint? It would make for a nice change from gloss black spraypaint for my stuff...

My bad I didnt even think to include it lol, minus a respirator it wasnt too bad of a kit, lets you experiment with a few colors, you can do an number of brake lever sized parTs with each 4oz bottle. but take that with a grain of salt, I am quite new to the air gun "paint" side of things. I usually just spray paint but with this kit it was significantly easier to lay a decent layer down without having to worry about it running

How many oz are needed to do a metal rifle ?

Disclaimer: I do not own a metal brake, only a big Wilton vise, a cutting wheel, a HF drill press and plenty of blocks of wood.

I set out to make a tach and power switch bracket for my drag bike project, started with this
NnrHtRv.jpg

Lots of finish grinding, hand-filing and wire brushing later
c8Ar7yP.jpg

tvHpk88.jpg

m7XioNz.jpg

VOpbFuM.jpg

5pz8veh.jpg

Disclaimer: I do not own a metal brake, only a big Wilton vise, a cutting wheel, a HF drill press and plenty of blocks of wood.

I set out to make a tach and power switch bracket for my drag bike project, started with this
NnrHtRv.jpg

Lots of finish grinding, hand-filing and wire brushing later
c8Ar7yP.jpg

tvHpk88.jpg

m7XioNz.jpg

VOpbFuM.jpg

5pz8veh.jpg
Hold up. Drag bike project? In gonna need more info on that. You got a thread on it?

Curious about the material- how thick does it go down, is the surface prep different than for spraypaint? It would make for a nice change from gloss black spraypaint for my stuff...
It goes on super thin, their site says .001-.003 depending on the color. for the black that I used it definitly seems to be on the thinner side of that I don't have a micrometer to properly measure it though at the moment.

for surface prep I sand blast, it looks like some people just clean it real good and spray without the sandblasting but I have not experimented with that yet
How many oz are needed to do a metal rifle ?
you should be able to manage with the 4oz no problem. I did around 28 of the block off plates and still have about 1.5 oz left of the black. It also will lay on plastic so if you have a polymer lower it'll still work.

Top Bottom Back Refresh