What's new

What did you do in your garage today?

Would have grabbed it if it were local... :clap

I'm in Sparrows Pt, MD once a month,

if it fits in my suitcase, I can deliver up there gratis.

Can also deliver tires

Last edited:
Installed $16- dollar front brake line from Amazon. For the rear, I bought fittings and got -3 line from brother to make up line. Put plastics back on after removing undercoating previous owner used to cover fading. Front fender was generic and wouldn't come off at all, so just painted over black.

1675973723999.jpeg

1675973751896.jpeg

1675973808483.jpeg

I Upped my Truck self recovery game

2500HD Truck has a nice winch , but the 3/8" line , only 90' is usable.

I always had a 150' foot extension, but got an additional 50' and a 100' of 3/8" for 390' of recovery space in total.

I rigged the new lines into coils , added some old PC white d rigs, and got me some 12K# hammer locks to gang it all together as needed

1676072522237.png

Why? I get stuck in some silly places w/o trees for 200', 300' or more feet

stupid ditch did not look 3' deep, did it? See any trees ?

IMG_20190201_091947.jpg

Last edited:
Got Jack?? We used to carry high lift jacks for just such occasions in the north Maine woods heater hunting.

Reactions: MVI
Yup, I have a high lift jack. But in this situation , winch is is the go to solution.

Heavy Diesel, on the frame and bumper, Winch was the hot ticket.

its been a productive weekend for me, turned all this aluminum stock into finished block off plates (if anyone wants some for some Kawasaki's hit me up!)
1dYssAX_Rji-N&_nc_ad=z-m&_nc_cid=0&_nc_ht=scontent.jpg
7H4JpqlxRVgTv&_nc_ad=z-m&_nc_cid=0&_nc_ht=scontent.jpg

And then also got the Sprints engine case and head together, just stuck waiting on the engine gaskets and head gaskets to finish her up, also got a front end for her, cant wait to finish her now!
18FXMAX8Fi5Ig&_nc_ad=z-m&_nc_cid=0&_nc_ht=scontent.jpg
-G-joAX9Q0V_t&_nc_ad=z-m&_nc_cid=0&_nc_ht=scontent.jpg

Replaced a tired 1500lb superwinch with 25ft cable on 99 Arctic Cat utility quad, with a 2500lb with 50ft cable. It sounds like crap but is 1hp vs 1/2hp. Old winch double lined with snatch block couldn't extract myself from my latest goof. Exhaust leak and MIA shock bushings are next. :nod

added an oddball reverse pressure VG ( spreader type ) to the collection of vise grips

1676977690396.png

Expand-O Pliers, 10", Reverse-Action Clamping Pliers, Clamping Pressure: 900 LBS (410 kg), Min: 1-3/8" (35 mm), Max 2-3/4" (70 mm), PE10, Strong Hand Tools

Last edited:
The top tool is a wild looking gadget.

I am bad about posting in this thread. Sunday I finished going through the brakes on our Goldwing. Besides new pads, I cleaned up the caliper pistons, lubed the slider pins and flushed the system along with the clutch. It was the first time real service on the calipers themselves (other than pads) since I bought the bike which has now 82K miles on it now. I was pleasantly surprised how good everything looked after disassembly.

Reactions: MVI
Saw a write up on that other forum and thought why not give it a shot. Ordered up a Maxca C5 Pro CarPlay/Android Auto kit for motorcycles. Took a little while to get here (must be a slow balloon from China) but still be the estimate by 4 days. Now the phone can stay in a pocket or tank bag and not ride on the handle bars where the camera might get killed. plus it's brighter and larger than my phone display. I think my Keyocera 6810 is to old for wireless Android Auto as I could connect but it wouldn't mirror the phone. The iPhone works just like in the car and paired easily with the headset.

Attachments

• 00d.jpg
    00d.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 00b.jpg
    00b.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 21
  • 00c.jpg
    00c.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 20
Photo dump time, between working some BS overnight overtime shifts I managed to get a lot done. Started by getting the Sprint wired up.......twice, had a wiring harness that didnt match the ecu:baldy (why does triumph make so many changes mid model year?) then cleaned that garage out, finally cleared off my workbench, Cerakote a bunch of Block Off plates, made a gas cap for the Sprint (also fits the Street triple, speed triple, and daytona if anyone wants one) and found out my cat likes the best motorcycles ever made.
Next up I need to finish the gas cap and then add some relief cuts or engraving for a little flair
b-ESwAX-2FkkL&_nc_ad=z-m&_nc_cid=0&_nc_ht=scontent.jpg
2kXIwAX8kIKkM&_nc_ad=z-m&_nc_cid=0&_nc_ht=scontent.jpg
pCbHMAX8FqJmx&_nc_ad=z-m&_nc_cid=0&_nc_ht=scontent.jpg
d3vaAAX_uecYO&_nc_ad=z-m&_nc_cid=0&_nc_ht=scontent.jpg
KgC0oAX-fH-N-&_nc_ad=z-m&_nc_cid=0&_nc_ht=scontent.jpg
fhdsQAX-FyEp-&_nc_ad=z-m&_nc_cid=0&_nc_ht=scontent.jpg

Photo dump time, between working some BS overnight overtime shifts I managed to get a lot done. Started by getting the Sprint wired up.......twice, had a wiring harness that didnt match the ecu:baldy (why does triumph make so many changes mid model year?) then cleaned that garage out, finally cleared off my workbench, Cerakote a bunch of Block Off plates, made a gas cap for the Sprint (also fits the Street triple, speed triple, and daytona if anyone wants one) and found out my cat likes the best motorcycles ever made.
Next up I need to finish the gas cap and then add some relief cuts or engraving for a little flair
b-ESwAX-2FkkL&_nc_ad=z-m&_nc_cid=0&_nc_ht=scontent.jpg
2kXIwAX8kIKkM&_nc_ad=z-m&_nc_cid=0&_nc_ht=scontent.jpg
pCbHMAX8FqJmx&_nc_ad=z-m&_nc_cid=0&_nc_ht=scontent.jpg
d3vaAAX_uecYO&_nc_ad=z-m&_nc_cid=0&_nc_ht=scontent.jpg
KgC0oAX-fH-N-&_nc_ad=z-m&_nc_cid=0&_nc_ht=scontent.jpg
fhdsQAX-FyEp-&_nc_ad=z-m&_nc_cid=0&_nc_ht=scontent.jpg
those block off plates look great. What do they fit ?

Thanks! They fit all Kawasaki 650 engines, all 600 and 636 engines, and I believe they fit most of the 1000 and 1200. And then then the oddly shaped purple ones were supposed to fit the sprint triple but I fat fingered a dimension and they dont quite line up :lol3

Thanks! They fit all Kawasaki 650 engines, all 600 and 636 engines, and I believe they fit most of the 1000 and 1200. And then then the oddly shaped purple ones were supposed to fit the sprint triple but I fat fingered a dimension and they dont quite line up :lol3
What do they block off ? some sort of air injection > ?

What do they block off ? some sort of air injection > ?
My bad, yeah they block off the smog air injection system. Helps mostly with tuning to get a better A/F reading also allows the removal of the sensor(?) and all the tubing. doesnt save a lot of weight but does tidy up the space between the airbox and cam cover

That is what I was thinking they might be. I made something similar a few years back for my CRF450L

Since then, I bought a mill , and my home machine shop parts look a lot better now

1678633794505.png
1678633871046.png

Top Bottom Back Refresh