What's new

What did you do in your garage today?

I’m stuck. I’m trying to replace the counter shaft seal and I can’t get it out.

Am I supposed to remove the metal sleeve first that is between the shaft and the seal?

IMG_7745.jpeg
yes, the spacer should come out first

I just got back from a vacation in Arizona, the rental car was a Audi A6. It was a nice car and pleasant to drive. The modern annoyances weren't as obnoxious as some and the bluetooth/android integration was a lot better than many. Power and handling were fine, mpg was interestingly good, but I got distinct vibe that it would be <very> expensive to fix and maintain. So I'd say the best Audi for me to have is a rental.
My wife and I have owned Audis for years. No issues, just basic maintenance, that I can do myself.

Threw the wagon back together. Has a new filter on the Haldex system. Cleaned up the sensor. Pulled it out of the driveway and took a few passes up and down, no codes. I'll take it to work tomorrow. See what happens. Hopefully that was it. If I can just eek another few years out of it before the rot does it in.

Threw the wagon back together. Has a new filter on the Haldex system. Cleaned up the sensor. Pulled it out of the driveway and took a few passes up and down, no codes. I'll take it to work tomorrow. See what happens. Hopefully that was it. If I can just eek another few years out of it before the rot does it in.
I talked to the old rust shop. 2014 Silverados are eating customers alive.$3k or more and all the nightmare mid 2000s f150 are done and gone. I wish I had the pic of one f150 at 5am in 2017. Only the bottom flange was holding the frame together. The bed was so far into the cab the frame rails were touching the ground. I gave it half mile to 20 miles of separation. Ford builds em so good. They can be 99% failed and still get ya to work. Honda crv....ha kinda...Isuzu rodea...ha..ha.shit is dangerous..oh the Tacoma years. I left the salt belt. My parents grew up there...and got a new vehicle every 3 yrs in the 60s and 70s..

Hooked up aux lights on the ST1300, and replaced the halogen bulbs with LED bulbs. Preparing for a small trip this weekend. I know the LED bulbs don't technically work well in the halogen housing, but it's close enough and they are a hell of a lot brighter. Last time I rode in the dark I was not happy with visibility, and had to slow down significantly every time I turned off my high beam, which was often.

Got fairing on/off to about an hour, but it's still an extra task that makes this bike not as enjoyable to work on.

Miracles do happen! I almost have this thing back together.

Just gotta torque the drain plug and counter sprocket nut. Anyone know how many in/lbs = 91ft/lbs?

IMG_7795.jpeg
x12

1714105744863.png

I hope you have another torque wrench. Even with an MVI sticker on that one, it won't be enough.

Also, keep track of how many times you re-use that nut. They don't last forever.

I put one of these together today.

If anyone wants a miter saw stand, this is a surprisingly good one. Strong, stable, easy to move, lots of small details included like a leveling foot. My only complaint is that the hardware is slightly cheesy, but that goes for most things.

When I get a cold saw, I'll buy a second set of mounting rails so I can run either saw on it.

1714105948804.png

I put one of these together today.

If anyone wants a miter saw stand, this is a surprisingly good one. Strong, stable, easy to move, lots of small details included like a leveling foot. My only complaint is that the hardware is slightly cheesy, but that goes for most things.

When I get a cold saw, I'll buy a second set of mounting rails so I can run either saw on it.

1714105948804.png
That's nice.

What kind of cold saw are you looking at?

Top Bottom Back Refresh