What's new

What did you do to your BMW GS/GSA Today?

The battery should never be disconnected from a running machine.
The ECU can be damaged.
Thanks for that, hopefully I avoided damage and I'll know next time. I think that it's new battery time.

Got rid of the bug splatter since the love bugs are out again..:bluduh and changed the brake pads front and rear. There was enough material left for another 10K miles but I had some mild bluish discoloration on the rear pads (heat?) so I decided to replace the whole lot with EBC HH pads from Beemerboneyard.

Still having issues with my '07 GSA. I suspect that I had multiple problems and I have eliminated some of them and it currently will only start every now and then. When it doesn't start I don't hear the fuel pump and won't crank, when it does start I hear the fuel pump and it fires right up.

New fuel pump controller, new starter and new battery. I'm thinking that it has to be a bad ground. I've cleaned the battery terminals and tried to follow the ground cable but it goes into a cluster of cables that go to some deep dark place towards the front of the engine have been trying to avoid but probably need to dig into.

Am I on the right track?

Still having issues with my '07 GSA. I suspect that I had multiple problems and I have eliminated some of them and it currently will only start every now and then. When it doesn't start I don't hear the fuel pump and won't crank, when it does start I hear the fuel pump and it fires right up.

New fuel pump controller, new starter and new battery. I'm thinking that it has to be a bad ground. I've cleaned the battery terminals and tried to follow the ground cable but it goes into a cluster of cables that go to some deep dark place towards the front of the engine have been trying to avoid but probably need to dig into.

Am I on the right track?
My old yellow GS-911 is showing that I had eight immobilizer faults but that none are currently present. I'm ordering a new antenna ring.

We rode. Went up to look over the PA Elk Loop. We will go back in the Fall when they are in rut to see them.

293346831_7753960814645798_8963156941308311222_n.jpg

Did the full 48K service on my bike after returning from Colorado yesterday. The bike ran fine even in the 110F I encountered in Texas and other parts of the country. Dealing with that heat required unreal amounts of water and electrolytes btw…. :lol2
The Trailmax Mission tires are absolutely unbelievable as they now have 17k on them with about 2K life left on the rear and more on the front. I will change both when the rear tire has finally worn to a safe minimum. :deal

Last edited:
Got rid of the bug splatter since the love bugs are out again..:bluduh and changed the brake pads front and rear. There was enough material left for another 10K miles but I had some mild bluish discoloration on the rear pads (heat?) so I decided to replace the whole lot with EBC HH pads from Beemerboneyard.
FL: I got EBH HH pads for my GSA. They work fine. A pinch more bite than stock, I think. Not much different.

Am I on the right track?
I would look at the key and the connections to it... and the immobilizer.

I did the 12K service myself on my '22 GSA. Valves, cam alignment, ignition trigger alignment, spline inspection and lube, using the good stuff on the rubber boot..omg, that's pricey!, change FD fluid, change oil & filter, change air filter. I've not done the brakes yet but the bike is 6 months old and the brakes seem fine. I did put a set of HH pads on for a bit more bite.

Top Bottom Back Refresh