What's new

What did you do with your trials bike today?

For my Sherco 290 I began a process earlier at the start of winter, to refresh a number of trouble areas with the bike.
In particular the rear suspension, linkage, swingarm.
I am past that part now and have moved on to the other troubles.
Wednesday the parts arrived for the rear brakes.
Part kits for master and caliper all freshed up now.
I believe the fluid in there was the OEM from 2012. It was bad!
Probably going to put in a new piston from the looks of it now too.
I'll see what the clearances are.

Attachments

• 20220203_160228.jpg
    20220203_160228.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 15
  • 20220208_104050.jpg
    20220208_104050.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 16
  • 20220122_115816.jpg
    20220122_115816.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 19
I should note it was 12C today so awesome getting out early in the year...
Didn't get out of the basement until March last year...

My wife would never let me start a bike indoors, there isn’t an air freshener strong enough!

I just did an oil change on my Sprinter, and used some brake cleaner to clean the oil funnel. I went in for lunch, and my wife was complaining that I reeked of chemicals!

My wife would never let me start a bike indoors, there isn’t an air freshener strong enough!

I just did an oil change on my Sprinter, and used some brake cleaner to clean the oil funnel. I went in for lunch, and my wife was complaining that I reeked of chemicals!
I was feeling guilty and was going to tell my wife... I started "honey I made a funny video today do you want to see it?..." she said - "If it has to do with dirt bikes I'm not interested..." That was good enough for me :-) . I was actually really surprised how well Febreze and open windows worked an hour or so later it wasn't noticeable and usually she is very quick to pickup on any gaseous smells that come out of me :-)

Actually you don't have to restart your bike - He was just showing off his magic button.

The orgional video I saw was a nose wheelie in, to balance, then no hands, point at the camera, restart, and wheelie out. But you are also correct, I was just showing off the button. I guess I need to do it again and see if my kicker works.

Don't they make a two stroke candle for us guys? Wonder if they're any good.

Rode in the woods and it was slippery as heck, with just melted snow and leaves over frozen ground. Ran my pressures like usual (4.5R, 6.5F) but was still probably too high. Practiced using my clutch more, trying to really dial in the sweet spot so I can start using it more instead of the throttle. Did a couple of really nice logs using only the clutch instead of my usual double blip on the throttle, so I'm getting more comfortable.

Kudos to Rocky Mountain ATVMC. I ordered some NoToil from them on Thursday, got it today. Also I ordered some BelRay tacky chain lube, except it was missing the cap and had sprayed some amount inside the bag it was packaged in. A quick phone call to them, about a minute on the phone, and they are sending me a new one.

This will be the third or fourth chain lube that I've tried. I really liked the CRC food grade chain lube but it would get filthy and dried out rather quickly. The Maxima chain wax is good, but it seems to get quite gummy even though I do feel that the "gum" is the wax. A couple of my friends use this BelRay, so we'll see how it works in mud season that is coming up.

I rode this evening at the Tryals Shop with Mike. A lot more snow and ice had melted with the above freezing days, so traction was better. We rode some of the bigger logs tonight. It was dropping below freezing as we rode, so the water and mud we dragged up on the obstacles froze and made traction there sketchy. Fun as always!

Rode in the woods and it was slippery as heck, with just melted snow and leaves over frozen ground. Ran my pressures like usual (4.5R, 6.5F) but was still probably too high. Practiced using my clutch more, trying to really dial in the sweet spot so I can start using it more instead of the throttle. Did a couple of really nice logs using only the clutch instead of my usual double blip on the throttle, so I'm getting more comfortable.

Kudos to Rocky Mountain ATVMC. I ordered some NoToil from them on Thursday, got it today. Also I ordered some BelRay tacky chain lube, except it was missing the cap and had sprayed some amount inside the bag it was packaged in. A quick phone call to them, about a minute on the phone, and they are sending me a new one.

This will be the third or fourth chain lube that I've tried. I really liked the CRC food grade chain lube but it would get filthy and dried out rather quickly. The Maxima chain wax is good, but it seems to get quite gummy even though I do feel that the "gum" is the wax. A couple of my friends use this BelRay, so we'll see how it works in mud season that is coming up.
I liked Rocky MTN when I used it for Moto stuff. I'm close enough that ground shipping is sometimes next day. Their prices are good too. Trials tires are pretty good price, but I've found cheaper out there.

Top Bottom Back Refresh