What is this thing???

Barn Demo in Progress..

What is this thing?

1688240119539.png

KLR center stand?

Barn Demo in Progress..

What is this thing?

1688240119539.png
I saw a guy with something similar, if not identical to this, but I felt like he'd repurposed something. Maybe not.

Anyway, the arm off the side he used for a stool seat that would swing out of the way, and he had different tools that would sit on the top surface for shoe cobbling.

I'm thinking it's an adze, similar to this gutter adze.
479_02.jpg

Here's one with the handle sticking out from the head.
2Fmedia%2Fwysiwyg%2FADZ-Adz-Ed%2FADZ1%2FADZ-1-1-TB.jpg

As I was searching, I found mention of a railroad adze. I found a lot of those, but none with the turned up sides on the blade.

Did the nub on the opposite side of the blade look like it was meant to be hit with a hammer? The extra bit of handle may act to keep the blade at a specific angle to the cut.
It was hard to see that backside as it was 12 ft or so up, but the back did look very similar the railroad adze back. I still havent found any that are flat with the little curl at the ends either :dunno

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner... COAL FORGE

blower is under the pan, in the shadows, towards the left

It was hard to see that backside as it was 12 ft or so up, but the back did look very similar the railroad adze back. I still havent found any that are flat with the little curl at the ends either :dunno
1688439646879.png

098_eb8f9867-5c08-4242-8432-fbb8a294265a_1024x1024.jpg

Hell yeah thanks!!! looks like the pointier end was used to drive ails and pins out of the wood and the curved lips were there to help minimize chipping and splinter of the lumber

I thought maybe to get the seeds out of something, but it has a sprinkler pipe in it. Maybe to wash something (Crop of some sort)?

Tumbler with a water spray bar. The barn you found it in, what crop do they grow there?

Tumbler with a water spray bar. The barn you found it in, what crop do they grow there?
It's a gentleman farm.. weekend thing for a wealthy family.There is a basketball court and two bedrooms in the barn we are working in. This was in a leant on the side. The property just changed ownership so out with the old and in with the new. New barns, greenhouses, pool, staff. Yes, they have a live in farmer couple. We have not met them yet and winter is here so we most likely won't till February when the greenhouses heat up and the new farmers barns are finished.

Top Bottom Back Refresh