What's new

What is this thing???

No. It sat that way. If memory serves, that cup was actually hand packed with grease.
Ahh that makes sense, My old skill saws had a grease cup that you filled and periodically tightened the cap to apply more lube.

Uhhhh…. Dafuk?

Simplified .. :jack:jack:jack

It's like these forces are Everywhere

1678538216026.png

I'm a dumbass tradesman 🤷 Went to work instead of college.
Tradesmen are not dumbasses, they're just very smart about other things than the vector forces of spinning balls.

I may have stumbled over this one in my HS senior year, but I was too busy trying to shag one of the girls in the class to care much.

Yeah, the prospect of fixing cars, in my old man's shop or elsewhere, just didn't appeal to me. Sadly, my basket weaving options were limited in college, and they rejected my self-styled major of underwater fire prevention techniques, so I was stuck with the sciences. But, the rest of my liberal arts classmates got political science and econ degrees and are now running around Washington, continuing the CF otherwise known as government.

Not all tradesmen are smart. A team came in to put my new oil tank in my basement. The blew up their drill and asked to borrow mine. It' a Hilti with 4 torque settings. They totally blew up my drill trying to run their hole saw through my wall. All because they were too stupid to put the torque on the right setting. I know this for sure as I'd done multiple holes through the wall with no issue prior. Thankfully their boss just paid me for the bill for the repair.

You mean you didn't get sucked into paying $117,349.16 for a PhD in 16th Century Bolivian Basket Weaving and have avoided needing to flip burgers to pay the monthly on your cell phone while living in Mommy's basement?
Somehow I managed to get by 😁

Reactions: MVI
Tradesmen are not dumbasses, they're just very smart about other things than the vector forces of spinning balls.

I may have stumbled over this one in my HS senior year, but I was too busy trying to shag one of the girls in the class to care much.

Yeah, the prospect of fixing cars, in my old man's shop or elsewhere, just didn't appeal to me. Sadly, my basket weaving options were limited in college, and they rejected my self-styled major of underwater fire prevention techniques, so I was stuck with the sciences. But, the rest of my liberal arts classmates got political science and econ degrees and are now running around Washington, continuing the CF otherwise known as government.
Careful who you hang around 😁

For real though. Joking aside. Honest question. If centrifugal forces aren't a real thing then what makes centrifuges ( lab equipment, bio diesel separators) and centrifugal clutches work?

I'm trying to understand.

^^^ something looks off to me. did you remember to carry the one? ^^^

Go back and check your work. :lol3

you're not wrong
I am plenty of times!

Like when I mention stick welding and get corrected. "Actually, it's SMAW".

Close enough for the girls I hang out with 😁

Isaac Newton was interested in the topic, so I take that as evidence that it's not on par with perpetual motion.

Isaac Newton is also known to have ingested large amount of mercury on his alchemy journey to produce a Philosophers Stone. 😬

Gotta love the guy. Those were the Wild West days of scientific discovery and experimentation.

I am plenty of times!

Like when I mention stick welding and get corrected. "Actually, it's SMAW".

Close enough for the girls I hang out with 😁
And don't mix up weldor and welder.

Mrs MVI will call anyone out on that

Draw your own conclusions...
th-344726902.jpeg

Can it only walk in circles

The next time you're at a park, watch children playing on a merry-go-round and you'll notice that kids sitting in the center of the merry-go-round don't get as dizzy as those hanging on the edge.

That's because the inner ear helps you keep your balance, and when your inner ear is disturbed by a force such as spinning, you feel dizzy. Kids on the edge of the merry-go-round are experiencing greater force, and therefore are getting dizzier, than those at the center.

Top Bottom Back Refresh