What's new

Why are you here?

Why did you come to this forum?

• I was banned from ADV Rider

Votes: 14 9.7%
  • The VS takeover will ruin ADV Rider so I switched

Votes: 40 27.8%
  • I'm still on ADV Rider and here as well.

Votes: 101 70.1%
  • What's ADV Rider? I just wandered in off the street

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 24 16.7%

• Total voters
Someone in battle scooters started a thread complaining about being banned from the scooter girls thread. I mentioned that the scooter girls thread here was less restrictive and pretty active. I guess they are getting pretty restrictive on posting wimmins not fully dressed. Anyway, that's the reason we'll see more scooter trash on this site.
My next reason was that you were here. And Barnone. JerryH and Barnone were on the xt225 forum long ago. Thats how I ended up over there. I sandbagged for well over a decade before joining. But it goes back even further to mopedarmy members branching out.

I got banned from that section a LONG time ago. :lol2
It's in Head Explody which is read only. I can view Head Explody and like posts but not make any replies. I didn't know you could be banned from HE.

There are two posts which I figured would get the thread punted. One questions the mods sexual orientation and the other says that the mods must have WOKE up.:lol3

I'm surprised some people didn't get banned.

I post too much in CSM, not gonna lie.
lbL4bo7h.jpg

Got banned twice in the last six months, after having been there since 2008.
Still blocked from posting on two thread.
Here's hoping this place takes off.
Somehow I get by sounding crazy and stuff flies right on by. I think some boring bike threads aren't even watched. I check to see what gets punted... I dont even understand why some times. Oh well I call this place the lower blood pressure version. I advise advbikes for sanity and health reasons.

I'm still active on ADVRider. Active being a loose term---1,100-ish posts in the 15 or so years I've been an Inmate there. I mostly hang out in the basement (Jo not CSM), KTM forum, and Ride Reports. I've been a street rider since the early 90s but some of the ADVR threads inspired me to enter the non-pavement world back in 2016. Very glad I did as it has opened up a totally new world of riding for me... Been sent to Head Explody a few times but never had a real mod issue or ban. Heard about this place in the basement so I came over to sniff around. From my n00b experience here, content is very similar to the old place and my perception is that the goal is to minimize or eliminate for-profit totalitarian oversight and unilateral decisions, within reason of course. I'm all for it. I enjoy humor at everyone's expense, including my own, so let the fun begin. Will be interesting to see ADVB grow and how it evolves. Cheers!! :beer:beer:beer

Last edited:
I was a pretty frequent poster on Adv and joined not long after it started. I think it may have been something like 2002. It was a fun place. There were some good rallies and a lot of good people on there. Some of the drama was hilarious. Pep and the Secret Service incident, Duchottie, MuleKick's arrest in California, there was some funny stuff that happened. Once CSM split from JM, it became mean-spirited, and toxic. One of the more prolific members has a couple of failed businesses, a bankruptcy and a failed marriage behind him. Another denizen almost lost his law license because of neglecting a case. I don't know that there's a cause and effect, but if you're spending hours a day posting on an internet forum there may be a lack of balance in your life.

I was perma banned from ADV Rider in 2020. Did I deserve to be banned? Yes. Did it deserve a perman ban? No. But I think some mods made it personal and just won't let it go. Since then, I have rejoined multiple times under various names (gore-tx, kwabanza, furygan, etc.). I get bored and out myself after a while. I've been waiting for another ADV Rider. Glad it happened. Less bull, more cool.

They banned my wife a couple of weeks ago thinking it was me. They got it wrong. It wasn't me. I'm still on it. Lol! She was pissed though.
LOL

I was a pretty frequent poster on Adv and joined not long after it started. I think it may have been something like 2002. It was a fun place. There were some good rallies and a lot of good people on there. Some of the drama was hilarious. Pep and the Secret Service incident, Duchottie, MuleKick's arrest in California, there was some funny stuff that happened. Once CSM split from JM, it became mean-spirited, and toxic. One of the more prolific members has a couple of failed businesses, a bankruptcy and a failed marriage behind him. Another denizen almost lost his law license because of neglecting a case. I don't know that there's a cause and effect, but if you're spending hours a day posting on an internet forum there may be a lack of balance in your life.
Some of the shit that went on in the old days was memorable!

The more important question.....why are we still here?!?!?!
I am here because I want to see if I can get some folks to ride with.
I am in North NJ.

Once, we had a 13hrs (+) bike ride to Pittsburgh with four other guys.
It's a 4.5~ 5 hrs ride on the Pike.

On the way back, one bike broke down.
We all made it back.

Never leave a man behind!

I still peruse the site and just found out about this place a week or so ago.

Really it's for two long running threads in JM and a regional tag thread. Otherwise the crude humor and old school busting of people's balls is almost gone and the mods are way soft.

And man do they get pissy when you rib them about ads.

The place is going the way of all other VS purchased sites.

Top Bottom Back Refresh