What's new

CRF450L /RL Mega Thread

Aweful quiet around here so let me ask about the 14 tooth cs. Doesnt this mod with the high idle make slower handling more throttle challanging? Some report smoother by with a 7mph idle speed on the 13 tooth I am hesitant to try it for general use. Maybe an open country ride??
Thanks

For the 14T you need to be able to slip the clutch at low speeds

Thanks. I am going to give it a try after some quality seat time on the stock set up.
Likely to give the RSC clutch lever a go. It was a game changer on my previous WRR and the clutch on the L begins with a more aggressive bite early in the release. I will just need to look at disabling the clutch switch in a way that I can reverse it if need be someday.

FYI MVI and Nepa you two were the main sources of feedback through the forums that convinced me the L would be the more exciting replacement to my WR that I was yearning for. I had a 2007 450x years ago and really liked it off road but it fell very short trying to dualsport with it. So that being said, Thanks!

The guy who roosted me always pauses a bit before mud sections and I run up behind him, then he hits the throttle. I don’t think he does it on purpose, he just hesitates with mud. I am always too focused on the trail to realize I am running up on the back of him.

Yep, I learned and hope it’s near a deep
Water hole and wheelie past him,
Part the Red Sea on him lol

When we were kids we used to roost each other all the time for sport where ever there was mud. Usually the one who got it the worst would get yelled at pretty good by their mom when they got home.

Yea my Mom would scream,
Don’t Evans think about coming I the house
And would take the garden hose to me ,
The hood old days of past !!

I just slid over here from ADV Rider and am looking forward to the wealth of knowledge you boys have with this bike as get mine right.Thanks for the heads up NepaCheeseburgers!
Basically taking my recently purchased 450 back to stock exhaust/ecu and going from there for my light dualsport bike. 3 Gal tank on, scaggs rear rack and as soon as I remove the cat from the muffler I will be able to spend time riding to see what if any other simple adjustments like gearing I may want to make.
Anybody install an RSC clutch lever on the 450? Loved it on the WRr and thinking about it as maybe being a good way to soften the on/off fuel jerkyness when riding slow which honestly at theis point isnt tragic.
Yep
Marrs can,BM and JD will fix it,
With a little ,Taco sauce on top !!

Aweful quiet around here so let me ask about the 14 tooth cs. Doesnt this mod with the high idle make slower handling more throttle challanging? Some report smoother by with a 7mph idle speed on the 13 tooth I am hesitant to try it for general use. Maybe an open country ride??
Thanks
Read above post,
I can ride at 5 mph in 2/3 gear,,
But than us here on ADV bikes,,
Ride and tune than the bling guys,,

Thanks. I am going to give it a try after some quality seat time on the stock set up.
Likely to give the RSC clutch lever a go. It was a game changer on my previous WRR and the clutch on the L begins with a more aggressive bite early in the release. I will just need to look at disabling the clutch switch in a way that I can reverse it if need be someday.

FYI MVI and Nepa you two were the main sources of feedback through the forums that convinced me the L would be the more exciting replacement to my WR that I was yearning for. I had a 2007 450x years ago and really liked it off road but it fell very short trying to dualsport with it. So that being said, Thanks!

If your old school ??
Chang or shit can the judder spring !!!
That judder almost killed me ,

And it Felt like the L was possessed
And made me studder.

All good now 👍

Welcome to the club.

I was an early adopter and bought one of the very first Elle bikes in Texas, Sept 2018.
I decided to put 1500 miles on the L before I started to make any Engine mods, as such I recommend you burn 10-15 tanks of gas thru the L to get a feel for it.

Other things you may consider:
  • Seat Upgrade
  • Spring / Re Valve the bike - if needed depending on weight w/gear
  • Tires (Motoz :photog)

Welcome to the club.

I was an early adopter and bought one of the very first Elle bikes in Texas, Sept 2018.
I decided to put 1500 miles on the L before I started to make any Engine mods, as such I recommend you burn 10-15 tanks of gas thru the L to get a feel for it.

Other things you may consider:
  • Seat Upgrade
  • Spring / Re Valve the bike - if needed depending on weight w/gear
  • Tires (Motoz :photog)
Mine came pretty well set up with the sc seat, yosh, G2, and vortex. %0 miles in and I am on the stock ECU and exhaust starting from scatch to figure things along

I just joined today
20210824_145552.jpg

Nener, do you know if the pegs are swappable between the Wizzy and the Elle? I have some brilliant Fastways pegs that I want on the new bike

I think not, I had some artisANAL pegs from czech republic (I think) on the WRR which I liked a lot, and fitting them to the Elle meant grinding them quite a bit so that they fit in the clevis, and then they could not fully rotate when needed. It was enough to test ride and valided that the lower/further back position was very nice for me on the Elle and I bought some brilliant Fastways..

But it means the clevis orientation is OK, so maybe you can make the fastway work on both bikes?

I think not, I had some artisANAL pegs from czech republic (I think) on the WRR which I liked a lot, and fitting them to the Elle meant grinding them quite a bit so that they fit in the clevis, and then they could not fully rotate when needed. It was enough to test ride and valided that the lower/further back position was very nice for me on the Elle and I bought some brilliant Fastways..

But it means the clevis orientation is OK, so maybe you can make the fastway work on both bikes?
Appreciate it!

Really looking forward to another year of riding my RL. Have to install the IMS tank...my free time is being burned up with starting a kitchen make over. But did manage to get out for a couple of rides recently. Will be helping to cut in a woods loop tomorrow on 50 private acres. For you guys out West that might not seem like much, but for us East Coast guys in suburbia it's hard to find. Should get a nice 3 mile woods loop out of it! Along with a invite to ride there often!!

Mine came pretty well set up with the sc seat, yosh, G2, and vortex. %0 miles in and I am on the stock ECU and exhaust starting from scatch to figure things along
I think I got I’m 300, lol
It’s warm we’re he is lol
Got me on a roll today,
But getting cold and froze to me now,
What a pile of all different?
Nuts on Marrs
image.jpg

Don’t forget to bust me on
NEPA cheeseburgers!!!! Site?

Top Bottom Back Refresh