What's new

CRF450L /RL Mega Thread

1649768492010.png

CO

A 450 anything is not my ideal singletrack enduro bike. But this one does it with a grace that (mostly) belies it's weight. It's well balanced, and brilliantly suspended. The power is remarkably friendly in tight terrain. Of course I would have preferred my 300 two-stroke, but this was still plenty of fun. If I was doing more tight singletrack, I'd be inclined to add a couple of teeth on the rear sprocket. But the stock gearing (unlike the stock tires) is remarkably well matched to the bike's sweet spot
IMG-20220604-WA0004.jpg
IMG-20220604-WA0006.jpg

In the gnar, 13/53 is the sweet spot for the L gears

A 450 anything is not my ideal singletrack enduro bike. But this one does it with a grace that (mostly) belies it's weight. It's well balanced, and brilliantly suspended. The power is remarkably friendly in tight terrain. Of course I would have preferred my 300 two-stroke, but this was still plenty of fun. If I was doing more tight singletrack, I'd be inclined to add a couple of teeth on the rear sprocket. But the stock gearing (unlike the stock tires) is remarkably well matched to the bike's sweet spot
IMG-20220604-WA0004.jpg
IMG-20220604-WA0006.jpg
I’m absolutely not a 450 guy. But the season I put on the WR 450 I was shocked how versatile it was. A true do anything anywhere dirt bike. I have slight regrets in its sale.

I’m absolutely not a 450 guy. But the season I put on the WR 450 I was shocked how versatile it was. A true do anything anywhere dirt bike. I have slight regrets in its sale.

450 does a lot of stuff right.
  • High Speed Desert
  • Fast Grabbles
  • ADV off Road Camping
  • BDR
  • Fire Road Commuting

Tight Woods work aint one of them. It can do it, but it aint fun like a 250/300

450 does a lot of stuff right.
  • High Speed Desert
  • Fast Grabbles
  • ADV off Road Camping
  • BDR
  • Fire Road Commuting

Tight Woods work aint one of them. It can do it, but it aint fun like a 250/300
Ya they have some real strengths. The only one on your list I get into is the fire road commuting. I call them road transfers my 450 ate those up. I’m currently on a ultra light small bore smoker kick. It hates the road transfers.

Make sure you use a condom too ! a Fuel Condom

upload_2021-1-29_13-25-54.png

Twin Air 160650 Large Fuel Tank Filter

fits IMS/PowerCell/Clark/Acerbis Large Fuel Tanks

Top Bottom Back Refresh