What's new

- Week DJ_MI's Nightly Rides. I'm going to Detroit; wish me luck!

I didn't ride last night but here's a few pictures from yesterday during the day.

This is the first place I ever shot a 'real' gun. I'd put a lot of pellets downrange with my air rifle but never shot a cartridge/powder firearm. It was a bolt action .22LR.
2023-10-08 14.46.22.jpg

This is one of my main east/west cut throughs on my rides. I was going to just jump the river but I didn't feel like it. :D
2023-10-08 15.54.06.jpg

I got sick several weeks ago and started feeling better. Now this week I've been sick enough again that I haven't ridden since Sunday... ☠️☠️

I ran out of time yesterday to post the rest of the ride.

This reminded me of The Walking Dead:
IMG_1615.jpeg

The control building in a decommissioned rail yard:
IMG_1621.jpeg

The changeable conditions really make for some beautiful skies:
IMG_1617.jpeg

Getting ready for a quick hose down after I got home:
IMG_1618.jpeg

Mileage:
IMG_1623.jpeg
IMG_1624.jpeg
At least it wasn't the Evil Dead.

You could have one heck of an adventure channel exploring some of the "ruins" on your routes. Alot of history in your rides and riding area.
Thanks! Maybe if I could actually capture and edit some video that looked halfway decent. :lol3

I wanted to start this thread because it gives me more reason to pause for a moment and snap a picture when I find sometihng neat.

That's a great picture and a bunch of cool stuff at that link. I bet it's a fascinating book!

I couldn't find it again but there used to be a great set of pictures from inside the old Highland Park Police Station. It reminded me of pictures from Chernobyl where everyone just stopped what they were doing and left. There was an investigative poster board that was made trying to capture a serial rapist.

There is some incredible sights down in Detroit. I'm too chicken to really spend much time exploring around down there. I don't doubt that being on a "dirt bike" I'm a target for a bike jacking. I'm apprehensive to dismount for some pictures and, as interesting as it must be, there's NO way would I go inside anyplace to explore around. I'm imagining that there's a bum with a rusty kitchen knife around every corner. :lol3

It's also especially dangerous to ride because of the way people drive and the condition of the roads. Earlier this year I got up at 4AM and rode down to Belle Isle which is an island in the Detroit River. I never appreciated how much history is on the island. On the ride down there was almost nobody who stopped at traffic lights or stop signs. Cars zipping out from side streets and all over. I also saw some holes in the roads that would definitely cause a crash if I rode into.

Here's a couple other sets of pictures from the old HP police station:

That's a great picture and a bunch of cool stuff at that link. I bet it's a fascinating book!

I couldn't find it again but there used to be a great set of pictures from inside the old Highland Park Police Station. It reminded me of pictures from Chernobyl where everyone just stopped what they were doing and left. There was an investigative poster board that was made trying to capture a serial rapist.

There is some incredible sights down in Detroit. I'm too chicken to really spend much time exploring around down there. I don't doubt that being on a "dirt bike" I'm a target for a bike jacking. I'm apprehensive to dismount for some pictures and, as interesting as it must be, there's NO way would I go inside anyplace to explore around. I'm imagining that there's a bum with a rusty kitchen knife around every corner. :lol3

It's also especially dangerous to ride because of the way people drive and the condition of the roads. Earlier this year I got up at 4AM and rode down to Belle Isle which is an island in the Detroit River. I never appreciated how much history is on the island. On the ride down there was almost nobody who stopped at traffic lights or stop signs. Cars zipping out from side streets and all over. I also saw some holes in the roads that would definitely cause a crash if I rode into.

Here's a couple other sets of pictures from the old HP police station:

I have done solo missions in Florida and northern cities and I agree. But around here I get almost as spooked riding solo in the woods. The wife carries a big knife when she explores. My coworker stumbled upon 8 bears over the week end. Walked right up to the clan without knowing.

Top Bottom Back Refresh