What's new

- Week DJ_MI's Nightly Rides. I'm going to Detroit; wish me luck!

View attachment 71516

Warming up the bike and wondering where I can find some health food at this late hour.

Here are some hints.
PXL_20240222_004845629.jpg
PXL_20240222_004838900.jpg

There used to be so many 24hr places to eat around here. Meijer and Walmart aren’t even open all night anymore. It’s sad. Dennys is gone too. That used to be right next to the golden bung hole.

I’ve passed by Telway countless times but never tried it. I’ll give it a shot and report back. 👍🏻
Awful Waffle. Ask for a to go cup of coffee, a cup of ice and throw some dollars with a big smile. Then some small talk....ten years later you can write a book. But next week your coffee and ice plus your egg jalapeño burger is waiting for you by the time you get your gear off. Like a gentleman's club best time to attack is when the parking lot is empty!

Denny's was always my go-to after a night of heavy drinking in Tempe, AZ. You don't go there. You end up there. It's a shame they've pretty much disappeared all over the place.
I loved Denniy's south canton and meeting my bud Tom there which lived closer to Cleveland. Closest Dennys now is about a 100 miles. And 75 miles to a 24hr. Yup wheels spinning Most places closed on Sunday here. But general store across the street opens at 5am...yee haw...coffee! But I wake up at 2:30 and rewake up at 5:15...getting old! Heck it takes me a coffee and 30 mins to post a 3 line message in the morning!

Last edited:
plenty of em here in Tejas (201 locations)

1708775422622.png

fun fact, get 10% off with your AARP Card !

I loved Denniy's south canton and meeting my bud Tom there which lived closer to Cleveland. Closest Dennys now is about a 100 miles. And 75 miles to a 24hr. Yup wheels spinning Most places closed on Sunday here. But general store across the street opens at 5am...yee haw...coffee! But I wake up at 2:30 and rewake up at 5:15...getting old! Heck it takes me a coffee and 30 mins to post a 3 line message in the morning!
It takes an entire pot of dark roast coffee to shake the cobwebs off. I can still fall asleep with all that in my system.

It takes an entire pot of dark roast coffee to shake the cobwebs off. I can still fall asleep with all that in my system.
Best sleep I get. Red bull puts me to sleep. We would get into coffee at waffle house. Get pots of double strength. This was served in big to go cups with a side cup of ice. There had to be enough room in the big cup for ice because their coffee was 190°. Then see who would turn green 1st. It was always the new insomniac that could not hold their coffee.

:lol2

They got to know me at Denny's back in the day. I'd go at 2 or 3AM after work and have a hot meal and do paperwork. They'd let me sit in the closed section so I could finish up my work away from the drunken disorderlies who were being, well, drunk 'n disorderly.

There used to be probably 8 Denny’s within 15 miles. Now the closest one is about 80 miles.
Were you a lap top patron screwing a light bulb to USB adapter.in..and they sat you way in the back..no..an ear bud

You would get a pass riding a bike!

What the heck! Cut downs are tw and coleman land...neither a sane rider would ride.....ya went hard enduro on you solo? ...good times!

Oh I would have rocked that chip pile. Probably safer than riding across cut down debrise!

That chip pile doesn’t look like much in the picture but it makes me appreciate that much more how crazy you are for riding them.
I will get a pic of saw dust mountain. It would be a piece of cake but there is other things in the saw dust. I have rode to the top once. The chip piles are super dangerous with a large overhang of material. Other wise soft and predictable. Going down the steepest sections can be sideways if needed. Going up is some speed and power. It sucks up more power than a normal steep climb. I walk and scout such things...most of the time!

I noticed you had some blue skies there in Michigan in winter! The two years I lived there the sun would disappear most of the winter.

If it ain't dirty, you ain't ridin' it! Send that motor to a YouTuber and see if they can get it running. You can also send it to another YT gun-centric channel and watch them put rounds in it.

You've never met the Shelby Township PD have you? There's also Sterling Heights PD, Utica, Clinton Twp., Macomb County even the Staties. None of them aren't going to make contact if I'm riding a "dirt bike" on the grassy median of M-59 at 1AM. Plus I still have a non-extraditable warrant from a parking ticket in 1997. I swear my tire was less than 12" from that curb! I'm innocent I tell ya!

I did what I felt like was the safest thing and stopped on the sidewalk. :D
They are called DIRT BIKES for a reason, and stay off the highway

You've never met the Shelby Township PD have you? There's also Sterling Heights PD, Utica, Clinton Twp., Macomb County even the Staties. None of them aren't going to make contact if I'm riding a "dirt bike" on the grassy median of M-59 at 1AM. Plus I still have a non-extraditable warrant from a parking ticket in 1997. I swear my tire was less than 12" from that curb! I'm innocent I tell ya!

I did what I felt like was the safest thing and stopped on the sidewalk. :D
I lived in Michigan for fourteen years and nowhere else have I seen such multi-level bureaucracy or over zealous traffic law enforcement.

Top Bottom Back Refresh