What's new

- Week DJ_MI's Nightly Rides. I'm going to Detroit; wish me luck!

You might get more adjustment on the next chain going to 15 tooth cs sprocket or taking out a full link. My cs sprockets always wear 3x as fast as the rear. Sometimes I will replace the front early on. Seems to help chain life. My tw chain has stretched more than any bike I ever owned.

IMG_7492.jpeg
IMG_7493.jpeg
IMG_7494.jpeg
IMG_7495.jpeg

1713224632932.jpeg

I had one like this I bought new in 1969. Black on black with black interior, 290 V8, 3 speed with floor shifter and Sidewinder exhaust. I had ET mags, Firestone wide oval tires and an 8 track tape deck. These cars were pretty advanced for the time. Mine had a factory installed tach, tinted glass, headlight on reminder, and reclining front bucket seats. The seats were the best part of the car. You guess why!

You might get more adjustment on the next chain going to 15 tooth cs sprocket or taking out a full link. My cs sprockets always wear 3x as fast as the rear. Sometimes I will replace the front early on. Seems to help chain life. My tw chain has stretched more than any bike I ever owned.
Thanks. The chain has had a tough life. It’s got close to 10k miles on it and it’s been through two salt seasons.

I’m going to run the 15T for the long ride this summer but I doubt I’ll want to run it all the time. The difference in the fun factor between the 13 & 14 was noticeable. I’m only back to the 14 because it’s perfect for the cruising speeds around here. I started feeling bad when I ran up to the tip of the thumb last year holding it at 7.5-8k RPMs for extended stretches.

1713224632932.jpeg

I had one like this I bought new in 1969. Black on black with black interior, 290 V8, 3 speed with floor shifter and Sidewinder exhaust. I had ET mags, Firestone wide oval tires and an 8 track tape deck. These cars were pretty advanced for the time. Mine had a factory installed tach, tinted glass, headlight on reminder, and reclining front bucket seats. The seats were the best part of the car. You guess why!
That's nice. What did you listen to on that 8 track? What was it about the seats? :D

Can you tell what year the car in my pics is from? I took the pictures for the SE Theme Tag thread. The latest tag is 60s muscle car but I then thought that it was from the 70s. Maybe it qualifies after all.

That's nice. What did you listen to on that 8 track? What was it about the seats? :D

Can you tell what year the car in my pics is from? I took the pictures for the SE Theme Tag thread. The latest tag is 60s muscle car but I then thought that it was from the 70s. Maybe it qualifies after all.
On the 8 track I had Rolling Stones, Doors, CCR, Hollies, Led Zepplin, etc. The more mellow stuff was The Association, Byrds, Moody Blues, and Three Dog Night. On the AM radio we had Top 40 and Motown from CKLW. Who remembers CK?

The front seats would recline to full horizontal, perfect for making out with your girlfriend!

That car looks like the remains of a 1968-70 model. 1971 and later looked a lot different. I think the Alabama State Police had some 1971 models:

1713291879691.jpeg

Looking at M-53 on the map I see that it runs right along the section line until it reaches 18 Mile Rd. then it jogs east one mile and continues along
a different section line.
That jog to the east is where M-53 and the Van Dyke freeway splits. The '53' designation used to apply to just the road and not the newer expressway. I found a topo map that shows the terrain difference. The purple line is just to the west of the Van Dyke freeway and where old Van Dyke is. It confirms the topo difference I mentioned earlier. If I was building a road with horses and shovels I'd skirt around that too!
Michigan-M-53-Topo_resize.jpg

On the 8 track I had Rolling Stones, Doors, CCR, Hollies, Led Zepplin, etc. The more mellow stuff was The Association, Byrds, Moody Blues, and Three Dog Night. On the AM radio we had Top 40 and Motown from CKLW. Who remembers CK?
Nice taste. I listen to much of that too. :D

The front seats would recline to full horizontal, perfect for making out with your girlfriend!
:brow:D

That jog to the east is where M-53 and the Van Dyke freeway splits. The '53' designation used to apply to just the road and not the newer expressway. I found a topo map that shows the terrain difference. The purple line is just to the west of the Van Dyke freeway and where old Van Dyke is. It confirms the topo difference I mentioned earlier. If I was building a road with horses and shovels I'd skirt around that too!
Michigan-M-53-Topo_resize.jpg

Nice taste. I listen to much of that too. :D

:brow:D
That's interesting. When I look at google map I see a lot of little lakes west of that purple line and very few to the east. Maybe the result of glacial
activity?

That's interesting. When I look at google map I see a lot of little lakes west of that purple line and very few to the east. Maybe the result of glacial
activity?
Definitely glacier formed. A lot of those lakes are called “kettle lakes”. Apparently it’s thought that the flatter area to the east of 53 is where the glacier stopped.

And before anyone becomes alarmed by the receding of the glaciers there is tropical fossils in Michigan. While it was once frozen it was also once tropical. Crazy!

Is the ttr plated...I once considered plating a ttr for the lake Erie loop race that is not a race. It would have been a big wheel model with quite a few mods.
No.

It’s the non-L. The little 125 with 17/14 wheels. I don’t know what it tops out at but it’s screaming at probably 45 or 50MPH. I’d feel bad running it on the street even if it was plated.

The ttr has power to pull 75mph with gearing. 125cc horizontal clones can and lack alot of the technology and are down a few horses. One of the funnest bikes and crazy trail speed bikes I have ever ridden is the larger wheel unobtanium xr100. Every last one has been bought by collectors and racers.

Nice pics. You got out riding after all.

Is the ttr plated...I once considered plating a ttr for the lake Erie loop race that is not a race. It would have been a big wheel model with quite a few mods.

Who can ride all the way around Lake Erie, 650+ miles, non stop, on a motorcycle less than 250 CC's in the shortest amount of time? Every year, in June, the "LakeErieLoop" is held to raise money for pediatric burn victims. Hard to think of a better cause, don't you think?

That's crazy!

Top Bottom Back Refresh