What's new

Honda CT125 or Trail 125 thread

I scored a second Trail 125 this morning. Now, to plan some trips.

91C8F31B-8C18-4CBA-B400-343616D719F4.jpeg

I ordered YSS suspension for the bike the other day. I can not find any reports of people using any aftermarket suspension on these bikes. I did come across a couple people running the cheap ($60 pair) entry level YSS shocks and they said they did not change anything. I would hope these $350 shocks are a good bit better.

558FD608-30E7-4A99-B2F6-71605124F8F4.jpeg 8718F140-5022-410E-9CEF-FF2D4C3D5501.jpeg

Has anyone seen any reports of successful manual clutch installs? I finally got a bit of off road riding in and the auto clutch is not great in rougher and more slippery conditions.

I gassed up only for the second time today. I gassed up at 218 on the speedo so 118 miles since the last fuel up. The Trail returned 103 mpg. Not bad! What was bad was that gas went up 6 cents since last weekend at $3.96. Mileage is going slow as I mostly commute on the little beast with a few short rides in between. My commute is 1 mile one way so... Yeah. Best 5 minutes of my life! (that's what she said)

I gassed up only for the second time today. I gassed up at 218 on the speedo so 118 miles since the last fuel up. The Trail returned 103 mpg. Not bad! What was bad was that gas went up 6 cents since last weekend at $3.96. Mileage is going slow as I mostly commute on the little beast with a few short rides in between. My commute is 1 mile one way so... Yeah. Best 5 minutes of my life! (that's what she said)

It is nice that the price of fuel really does not matter with this bike. I get 120 in more urban riding and it drops to 100 if I am riding faster speeds. I just filled the work van up yesterday at $4.70.

My wife and I did a little experiment this evening. We wanted to grab a burger (from Whataburger - it's a Texas thing). We decided to ride the Trail 2 up. How? I have an airhawk seat that I put on the rack. She sat on it facing away from me (we were back to back). Off we went. We only rode through the neighborhood. It's roughly one mile each way. The Trail definitely handled differently - we topped 300 pounds on it together. Honestly, it did better than I thought. The suspension was still pretty good over the speed bumps. The rack handled the extra weight without any problem either. I'm not sure why it is rated at 40 pounds. My wife weighs just right above 100 pounds. We both had a blast and my wife didn't mind the decidedly different riding position. Would I do it again? Absolutely!

My wife and I did a little experiment this evening. We wanted to grab a burger (from Whataburger - it's a Texas thing). We decided to ride the Trail 2 up. How? I have an airhawk seat that I put on the rack. She sat on it facing away from me (we were back to back). Off we went. We only rode through the neighborhood. It's roughly one mile each way. The Trail definitely handled differently - we topped 300 pounds on it together. Honestly, it did better than I thought. The suspension was still pretty good over the speed bumps. The rack handled the extra weight without any problem either. I'm not sure why it is rated at 40 pounds. My wife weighs just right above 100 pounds. We both had a blast and my wife didn't mind the decidedly different riding position. Would I do it again? Absolutely!

:super

The way that rack is built, it could handle an entire Asian family. The 40 pound limit is probably just a liability thing.

I bypassed the seat lock on my CT today.

The OEM Key lock is still functional

[UWSL]It is just a bicycle derailleur cable with a little bit of fuel tubing and automotive brake line as a crimp.[/UWSL]

939A2B49-3CC9-49E4-AB85-AC49B9556EAE.jpeg

3784ED26-4B2A-417B-B8BD-4AD81903AFA0.jpeg

How does the OE lock work, and what was bothering you about it?

It works pretty easily, it is just a key latch on the side of the bike. Just hate having to take my key out to put gas in. I disable every locking gas cap on my bikes for the same reason

I have gotten back on this bike a few times and the key was still in the side of the bike, it causes a couple moments of confusion when I can’t start my bike.

I know it's a little more involved than what you described, but it's too bad they didn't incorporate a release with the ignition switch. I like how Yamaha did it on the Zuma, with a turn one position to the left. I know the Honda ADV 150 sports keyless stuff, but that's getting pretty fancy for a CT125.

That would be nice if it was in the ignition. This little mod too 30 min to figure out and when I do the other bike it might take 15 min.

Version 2.0 on the other CT got a little bicycle brake housing for the cable and a black pull.

F666401E-0119-402B-ACAF-8819A177EB86.jpeg

Top Bottom Back Refresh