What's new

Upper Michigan - Say ya' to da' UP, eh!?

Log slide:

Capture.JPG

Wow thanks folks.

I'd like to spend more time there, but actually this is just a side trip on my to Idaho. Theres where I set for my real adventure this year. Last year was Wyoming for 6 weeks. And that wasn't enough to see it at all. But I got a good idea for future stops there I'd like to explore some more. Actually Last year I stayed in KY, MN, MI, MO, and Wyoming. All NF and loved every single one. Other than KY it rained the entire week and I never unloaded the bike. It was a wash out other that riding in the truck through the mountains

A question for you resident yoopers... what are you favorite UP trails and why?

I don't ride single track...too old, fat, and uncoordinated... plus, I don't have a bike that small.
[UWSL] [/UWSL]
[UWSL]My favorite "trails" to ride are two tracks and small forest roads. :ricky[/UWSL]

A question for you resident yoopers... what are you favorite UP trails and why?
No favorite, just aimlessly wander around, turn here turn there, see what I can see.

Attachments

• 15B6D386-DC65-410D-BBAA-6B7388E607F4.jpeg
    15B6D386-DC65-410D-BBAA-6B7388E607F4.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 20
  • CF95221D-84FF-45DA-AEEC-E3AA72F39827.jpeg
    CF95221D-84FF-45DA-AEEC-E3AA72F39827.jpeg
    529.3 KB · Views: 22
Talk around the border is that Canada is easing up on restrictions, that bridge will be a mess for awhile if that happens, there where at least 6-7 cars in line at Canadian customs today, thats more than I’ve seen in a long time.

How's the trail conditions in the yoop?

We're hopefully hitting the trails down here on Sunday! :ricky

Hi Yooper Bob and all UPers: I'm hoping to get to your beautiful part of the world this summer. I "met" a nice guy on the other ADV site in Tent Space, and he invited me out there. Coming from western Minn, so will be on the Goldwing; can't do your backroads and trails but maybe you folks can send me to some nice places on the pavement? Thks very much.

Hi Yooper Bob and all UPers: I'm hoping to get to your beautiful part of the world this summer. I "met" a nice guy on the other ADV site in Tent Space, and he invited me out there. Coming from western Minn, so will be on the Goldwing; can't do your backroads and trails but maybe you folks can send me to some nice places on the pavement? Thks very much.
US 41 from Houghton to Copper Harbor is a great stretch. H58 between Munising and Grand Marais is excellent!

The Curley Lewis highway between Paradise (actually, a bit south of Paradise) and Brimley is another very scenic bit of road.

M134 along Lake Huron from St Ignace to Detour also offers some great scenery.

Spent some time going over the Keweenaw and some other UP issues with the MI DNR this afternoon. I keep up on what is going on that affects our interests there since I have so many routes and tracks published for the UP and since so many of us are regular riders there.

Top Bottom Back Refresh