What's new

Yawn. Another ADVrider banning

Banned again, since suddenly Fucktard, is an issue there. Hell, it was coined there! What a bunch of fucktards!

First, it was nudity, then cartoon images of nudity, then words that describe nudity (genitalia) and now the eunuchs in charge are offended by words that describe how that genitalia can be used. I see the pattern.

gjsdfl;gsdf.png

What trickery is this?

Another example from their homepage today. I don't recall ever seeing this done before: https://www.advrider.com/gloves-or-deglove-yourself/

1713484064404.png

What's weird is that this appears to be an article from four years ago. You have to be a special kind of fucktard to recycle an article that pissed off your members and be so stupid as to leave the four year old comments attached while keeping it locked down. Ham fisted moderation and clueless publishing in action.

I don't care for the article, but if I were to republish it, I'd have the good sense to strip the comments from it altogether. It's especially ironic that the author's defense has been proven faulty since the original publication.

Another example from their homepage today. I don't recall ever seeing this done before: https://www.advrider.com/gloves-or-deglove-yourself/

1713484064404.png

What's weird is that this appears to be an article from four years ago. You have to be a special kind of fucktard to recycle an article that pissed off your members and be so stupid as to leave the four year old comments attached while keeping it locked down. Ham fisted moderation and clueless publishing in action.

I don't care for the article, but if I were to republish it, I'd have the good sense to strip the comments from it altogether. It's especially ironic that the author's defense has been proven faulty since the original publication.
That's retarded.

Did you see the links at the bottom of the article? :rolleyes

ATGATT!! Mask It or Casket!!

Arta.jpg

ArtG.png

ArtH.png

ArtI.png

Yeah, I followed the links the first time they posted the article. That was one of the first things I read on the site, and I wasn't impressed then or now. Until today, I didn't know that they'd locked it down.

I didn't like the article for reasons that had nothing to do with the links, but they didn't improve my opinion of it, and the author's responses in the comments didn't help, either. A wise editor would've told him to knock it off with the links and just write the damn article. Four years later, a wise editor would've stripped out the links & comments, if they even tried to recycle it. I don't think it's worth a second run.

Seeing it rehashed, with all of the original links & comments intact, shows just how fucked up that place has become. They're so desperate for front page content that they're dredging up years old articles and all manner of cruft from other VS sites. They can do better.

Yeah, I followed the links the first time they posted the article. That was one of the first things I read on the site, and I wasn't impressed then or now. Until today, I didn't know that they'd locked it down.

I didn't like the article for reasons that had nothing to do with the links, but they didn't improve my opinion of it, and the author's responses in the comments didn't help, either. A wise editor would've told him to knock it off with the links and just write the damn article. Four years later, a wise editor would've stripped out the links & comments, if they even tried to recycle it. I don't think it's worth a second run.

Seeing it rehashed, with all of the original links & comments intact, shows just how fucked up that place has become. They're so desperate for front page content that they're dredging up years old articles and all manner of cruft from other VS sites. They can do better.
I don't know why that article annoys me so much but it does. :photog

Every crash he chronicles is chock full of lame excuses:

Passing people in canyons on a double yellow but it was the gravel and the "deceptively tricky uphill left-hander"? He even included a link to Maps. There's a damn cliff with piles of rocks crumbling down onto the road directly before the turn of course there's gravel in the turn.

And then "after evening revelry" he "failed to negotiate the lazily increasing-radius off-ramp". Is he saying he was drunk?

Then he runs a red light and gets hit car. Don't worry, it was just "l’appel du vide begat". I believe that's French for "fuckin' retard". Why did he have to pay for the car and pay off his bike? I'd have figured that his insurance would have covered that.

Then he bombs down a muddy trail on a nearly 600lb bike and crashes in a mud hole. It was because of the "near-Biblical rainstorms" combined with the fact that mud holes aren't his tire's "huckleberry". Good thing he was wearing boots!

After his impressive list of self induced failures he wants lecture us like he's so smart:
It's just a fact that masks, like helmets, like gloves, like the choices we make on a bike, help to keep us all safe.
remember kids, you don’t have to be in a hurry to be on time!

Yeah kids, wear your masks & gloves. :rolleyes

Trying hard to be cool isn't remotely cool.
Constantly pimping yourself to impress, doesn't.

I might've liked the article if the links were removed and each incident was approached with humility and honesty. I didn't sense any of that from the author, even in the comments. Like I said, selecting that article for recycling without fixing even the most glaring problem of the links was a baffling move.

Previous navel gazing here. No, thanks.

Trying hard to be cool isn't remotely cool.
Constantly pimping yourself to impress, doesn't.

I might've liked the article if the links were removed and each incident was approached with humility and honesty. I didn't sense any of that from the author, even in the comments. Like I said, selecting that article for recycling without fixing even the most glaring problem of the links was a baffling move.

Previous navel gazing here. No, thanks.
Yeah, VS is doing a bang up job over there.

I couldn't read that entire article but is he saying that there was more to his red light running than "l’appel du vide begat"?

I couldn't read that entire article but is he saying that there was more to his red light running than "l’appel du vide begat"?
Beats me. I find his writing to be extremely annoying.

I think he said that while riding like a hooligan he intentionally tempted fate by running a red light, and took a side hit from an innocent BMW driver.

Take up rock climbing if you want to answer the call of the void, and don't drag other people into your existential crisis.

Beats me. I find his writing to be extremely annoying.

I think he said that while riding like a hooligan he intentionally tempted fate by running a red light, and took a side hit from an innocent BMW driver.

Take up rock climbing if you want to answer the call of the void, and don't drag other people into your existential crisis.
That article states that it’s the thought of doing it but not actually doing it. If Wes ran that red light temping fate it's beyond l’appel du vide.

Meanwhile he thinks so highly of himself that he can lecture us "kids" about the importance of masks.

That article states that it’s the thought of doing it but not actually doing it. If Wes ran that red light temping fate it's beyond l’appel du vide.
He didn't say that he knew that fate would whack him with a German sedan, so there's that.

Also, he could be a moron.

Meanwhile he thinks so highly of himself that he can lecture us "kids" about the importance of masks.
Hey, you can't be too safe!

Even fucking Faceborg doesn't have a web site specifically dedicated to people banned by its moronic AI. Quite an achievement, VS, to drive ADVrider so far into the shitter that it has come to this. Damn impressive. They should receive a reward of some kind...

I’ll get ya banned!

I propose a group effort, carefully synchronized for about an hour with pre-composed posts, perfectly timed at the minimum thirty-second intervals.

1713524083636.jpeg

First, it was nudity, then cartoon images of nudity, then words that describe nudity (genitalia) and now the eunuchs in charge are offended by words that describe how that genitalia can be used. I see the pattern.

Seems now, at least in JVB's experience, any concoction of word ending in "tard" is verboten now. It doesn't even have to be "modtard". :D

Actually my impression was that a moderator Over There was more likely to be encountered when the language was some variation of "trumptard" or "conservatard" and that somehow, folks were allowed to get away with "libtard" with impunity. Could be a total coincidence of course.

But on the matter of patterns my latest banning was just for implying that such a word even existed. I forget exactly how I wrote it but something along the lines of "[frowned-upon pejorative describing tragic developmental disabilities]" allegedly resulted in an inmate complaint.

I understand perfectly that no right to free speech exists on ADVrider but still...

In total fairness, I have to point out that some of it is driven by one or two inmates who have children with developmental disabilities and whose panties get twisted perhaps understandably every time the letters t, a, r and d appear together in any way that might be somehow construed as having something to do with the mean word. BUT, that wouldn't be an issue without willing good ol' boy participation from a mod. Never mind that the references have absolutely zero to do with the inmates' limited offspring. I mean, at least, I don't think so? Lacking evidence that the offspring in question are registered Repugnicans and voted for the Fanta Menace.

The word "retard" had been frowned upon for a while but the ehrmahrgerds over "conservatard" are definitely more recent.

All of this is quite novel in a community that willingly identifies as "inmates" and "FFs".

Top Bottom Back Refresh